DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video flickering

Can you provide a section of the video as an example? I saw lines flickering, but it was the drone's propeller shadows in my shot.

My solution was to shoot in a different direction to throw the prop shadows away from the camera. Does this sound like your problem?

Can you provide a section of the video as an example? I saw lines flickering, but it was the drone's propeller shadows in my shot.

My solution was to shoot in a different direction to throw the prop shadows away from the camera. Does this sound like your problem?
No my problem is flashing ligts on the tv. Not all the time but very often On my Phone and computer everything is just fine. I have tried different directions but its still The same. The light flashing appears often in the darker part of th TV screen.

I had the same problem in the editing of the video. I tried to edit it with the Movavi Video suite soft and and I had no more flickering

The fact that it flickers on the TV but not your phone could be due to a few things.

The refresh rate of your TV may not be set to 60 Hz (USA, 50Hz for Europe). It should be, but sometimes this setting gets nudged.

The small size of your screen may cause the video to be subsampled. The big screen should show every single pixel in its original form. Therefore, the smartphone may be masking the problem.

This could also be a compatibility issue. TV sets won't play every single video format in existence, and if you feed it something that it can play, but which is at the edge of what it can keep up with, you can get artifacts. Usually this is stuttering, but perhaps it could strobe.

If you can post a 5-10 second sample that has not been re-rendered, I can tell you more.

P.S. As you probably know, there is a an "anti-flicker" option in under the settings icon in the camera setting dialog. It is usually set to "auto," but perhaps you can get better results by setting this manually.

I had the same problem in the editing of the video. I tried to edit it with the Movavi Video suite soft and and I had no more flickering
Hello Aspri! How did you edit it in Movavi video? What tool did you use?
Hello Johmeyer! I dont have an "anti-flicker" option in under the settings icon in the camera setting dialog. I have Mavic 2 zoom. Perhaps its in the Mavic 2 pro. I will try to take 5-10 second out of my video and post a link as soon as I have the time to do it.

The fact that it flickers on the TV but not your phone could be due to a few things.

The refresh rate of your TV may not be set to 60 Hz (USA, 50Hz for Europe). It should be, but sometimes this setting gets nudged.

The small size of your screen may cause the video to be subsampled. The big screen should show every single pixel in its original form. Therefore, the smartphone may be masking the problem.

This could also be a compatibility issue. TV sets won't play every single video format in existence, and if you feed it something that it can play, but which is at the edge of what it can keep up with, you can get artifacts. Usually this is stuttering, but perhaps it could strobe.

If you can post a 5-10 second sample that has not been re-rendered, I can tell you more.

P.S. As you probably know, there is a an "anti-flicker" option in under the settings icon in the camera setting dialog. It is usually set to "auto," but perhaps you can get better results by setting this manually.
I have uploaded a little sample to youtube so you can see what I mean. Its the flashing lights in most every video I make with my Mavic 2 zoom. I film in 4k and 30 fps.

Hello again. I have uploaded a testvideo on youtube where you can see the flashing lights specially in the last half of the sample. I use 4k and 30 fps. Almost all of my video will show this flashing lights more or less. I must learn how to handle with this kind of filmmaking (with a drone) before I start filming more. Therefor its very importing to know how to get rid of this flashing lights.

I have uploaded a little sample to youtube so you can see what I mean. Its the flashing lights in most every video I make with my Mavic 2 zoom. I film in 4k and 30 fps.

Hello again. I have uploaded a testvideo on youtube where you can see the flashing lights specially in the last half of the sample. I use 4k and 30 fps. Almost all of my video will show this flashing lights more or less. I must learn how to handle with this kind of filmmaking (with a drone) before I start filming more. Therefor its very importing to know how to get rid of this flashing lights.
I forgot to tell you that its only on the TV-screen the flashing lights appear so therefor you must connect to a tv to see the flashing lights.

I'am starting To belive The same as you do. I'm trying on another tv To se If its the same or not. But when I film with my filmkamera or mobile everything looks fine on my TV. Strange? Thanks

I play the videofile from computer To Tv with hdmi cable, from computer to Tv with Chromecast and from mobile Youtube with chromecast

The video file is fine, so as others have said the problem is not with your drone or with your computer or with your editing system.

Computer to TV via HDMI is the way to go, so you're doing that right. Only thing I can think of is that you don't have either the computer or the TV set to refresh at 50 Hz (instead of the correct 60 Hz) when going over HDMI. It would be unusual for anything in the USA to be set to 50 Hz, but some TVs do let you change the refresh rates, so perhaps it is set incorrectly. Find the PDF manual for your TV set and search for "refresh" to see where you can find that setting in the setup menu.

One other thing I thought of just as I was going to post is that, is that you might have the video settings wrong in either the drone or the computer. If you have the video set for PAL instead of NTSC, you are taking video for the European video format. Computers don't care, but USA TV sets are pretty much hard-wired to play videos that play at 24, 30 or 60 fps. If instead you use 25 or 50 fps (European rates) the computer will play those just fine, but your TV set might not play them at all or it will flicker.

I downloaded the video from YouTube and it was at the correct 30 fps, so perhaps this last thought is totally wrong, but you should check your drone video camera settings, just in case.

Hello,
I had the same problem with my mavic pro. All footages seems ok when previewed on my computer and full of flickering on my HD Curved Samsung TV. I have spent hours trying to solve the problem (different frame rates, neat video, different shutter speed, nd filters, flickering filters, adding noise, shooting with different sharpness set up…).
I was here reading this topic in order to find a solution. At the end, all this topics seems to outline that the problem comes from the TV. In my case, I didn't have the option to modificate the Hz of my television but I had the possibility to change the mode of the image. I just tried to change from standard to cinema… and I don't anderstand why but almost all the flickering are gone and the footages are usable ! Hope it could help somebody.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
Hello,
I had the same problem with my mavic pro. All footages seems ok when previewed on my computer and full of flickering on my HD Curved Samsung TV. I have spent hours trying to solve the problem (different frame rates, neat video, different shutter speed, nd filters, flickering filters, adding noise, shooting with different sharpness set up…).
I was here reading this topic in order to find a solution. At the end, all this topics seems to outline that the problem comes from the TV. In my case, I didn't have the option to modificate the Hz of my television but I had the possibility to change the mode of the image. I just tried to change from standard to cinema… and I don't anderstand why but almost all the flickering are gone and the footages are usable ! Hope it could help somebody.
Hello,
This helped me big time. It has been driving me crazy for a long time. Set TV to cinema and flickering is gone!
Thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto