DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video not being recorded to my phone

lds1313

Reactions
Any idea what I've done that is preventing video from being recorded on my phone while flying the mavic? My first 5-6 flights recorded just like they do with my P3P but for some reason it has stopped. I'm sure I turned something off just don't know what. It's still recording to the sd card on the bird just not to the phone/controller. Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Verify that you have the "General Settings" --> "Cache during video shooting" setting enabled in DJI GO.

Reactions: lds1313
Had same issue. Your video cache may be full. Can clear it or bump up the cache capacity to make room. Can do this in the app.

Had same issue. Your video cache may be full. Can clear it or bump up the cache capacity to make room. Can do this in the app.

I have the same issue all the time. My Galaxy S7 has 32GB onboard with a 200gb MicroSD. Is there anyway to send the video to that card or even install the DJI Go app to it? I know in other apps, I was able to install the app to the sd card and all data associated with the app was stored with the app. Thanks,

Does this record all footage or just recorded stuff?

How do I find the cached videos?

I had a crash a couple of days ago and I'd love to see the footage but I wasn't recording at the time.
I use an iPad Pro with DJI Go4 if that's any help.

Same issue for me. My first 5-6 videos were recorded and saved on the app, but none since then and I can't figure out what I did to stop the saving to the app.

b8996302a0c02249d5f573b407386c56.jpg

Check the cache settings :)

I found the issue. I did have Cache during video shooting on, but there are two more options.

a) Largest Cache Capacity. It's set to 2gigs by default, I have 128gb phone so I upped it to 8gb
b) Clear Cache Automatically. It's set to off by default, I just turned it on, so presumably, once it fills up it will remove and always save the latest video

Also, there is an option to Clear Video Cache, if you want to manually clear.

I have just tried it and it now seems to work. If you also turn on the clear cache automatically option, you should be good to go.

just found out that by clearing the cache you loose videos in your Album under Editor. I was not expecting that. i though thoe were saved somewhere else. oops. time to go make some more videos.

I save all of my video via the SD card to the computer. I use the cache just to be able to quickly view footage and you have the option to save to your camera roll.

Storage is not unlimited people. Your phone fills up pretty quickly. That's what the SD card is for [emoji4] Note that a video cleared from your phone does not mean it's cleared from the card (you *can* remove videos from the card through your phone)

Reactions: couver
Storage is not unlimited people. Your phone fills up pretty quickly. That's what the SD card is for [emoji4] Note that a video cleared from your phone does not mean it's cleared from the card (you *can* remove videos from the card through your phone)

I get message "cant downlaod video from SD " to iphone due to resultion or something. Have to actually plug into the Mavic or take out SD card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard