DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video & Pic download question

Dundermifflin

Reactions
Why is it that I can view some of my videos on my phone/ipad in the photos app (in the video section), but other flights with other videos i get a message saying unable to play video due to file format?

Somehow I got it so all my pics taken during a mavic flight immediately download to my phone as well as the mini SD card. Not sure how I did this, but It's great cuz it's immediately on my phone and will then stream to my cloud automatically. I can view them anytime-not needing to be connected to the DJI Go 4 app.

On some flights the video will download to my phone and i can immediately view it on my phone/ipad in the photos app under "videos" the same way i can with the pictures. I can do this while not being connected through the DJI Go 4 app as well. But sometimes video from other flights when i try to view on my phone/ipad i get a message that says unable to play video because the format is not supported. So for these I download to my mac from the mini SD and import into iMovie, but can only view there.

What am I doing wrong?

Believe has to do with resolution, amount of bits, Above 1080 a computer and cable hook up must be used. I discovered the same issue. Better explanation in owners manual.

Reactions: Wersh and Stride8
I got the same thing before and started recording in 1080p because I like to use the GO app to edit. I will go back to 4K when I get some decent video editing software

I think you're looking at the local DJI video cache. Usually my app keeps the last 2-3 flights, then deletes them. And by that, throwing an error message when you try to play them by clicking on the thumbnail, because the file is no longer there.

The files on the MicroSD are of course still there and playable on your computer, they were recorded on the drone.

I got the same thing before and started recording in 1080p because I like to use the GO app to edit. I will go back to 4K when I get some decent video editing software

. Years ago I surrendered a room dedicated to computers for an iPad, second addition. Not having up to date PC or MAC with editing app I now use iMovie on my iPad Mini, also used for flying Mavic.

I do appreciate the editing knowledge and skill/art some of the Mavic members poses

Last edited:
Reactions: Stride8
. Years ago I surrendered a room dedicated to computers for an iPad, second addition. Not having up to date PC or MAC with editing app I now use iMovie on my iPad Mini, also used for flying Mavic.

I do appreciate the editing knowledge and skill/art some of the Mavic members poses
HMM, My Wife has been trying to get me over to the darkside to get an iphone/ipad.. But I resist ANDROID forever!!!!

But on a serious note, are you editing 4K content on your Apple devices?

HMM, My Wife has been trying to get me over to the darkside to get an iphone/ipad.. But I resist ANDROID forever!!!!

But on a serious note, are you editing 4K content on your Apple devices?

My son-in-law writes code for Microsoft, currently Microsoft Store, and owns an iPhone. Re: selection of iPhone apps is far superior.

For ease of use...Go Apple and you won't go back.

Reactions: Stride8
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke