DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video/picture naming?

Ol' Sparky

Reactions
Hi! After flying my Spark for a year, I am quite enjoying my new zoom. I always hook it up to my computer when I get home and clear the memory card. Unlike my Spark, every time I transfer the data, it starts naming the next videos I shoot @ 001 again. Spark just kept the sequence going. I've searched for a setting to make it name clips sequentially, but I can't find anything. Kind of a minor issue, but is it possible to make the zoom remember where it left off and name the data numerically from there? Have a lot of DJI_001.mp4's I have to keep renaming. Thanx!

I think it's .....go into the camera settiings menu (lollipops on their side) then press the gear wheel symobol, scroll down the list of options and change "File index mode " to continuous

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rockycat
Forgot to mention "bulk rename utility" as an answer to your duplicated names, sort them by date taken or modified etc. and then rename

Attachments

• renaming photos by time .png
    renaming photos by time .png
    124.7 KB · Views: 13
Forgot to mention "bulk rename utility" as an answer to your duplicated names, sort them by date taken or modified etc. and then rename
Thanx for the idea...I think your first solution is what I needed. Have to wait for the weather to change and I'll see how it works. Otherwise, I just "Sort by Date Modified" in Windows explorer.

One word of warning if say you last recording/photo was DJI_0258 and you put a card into the drone which contained say DJI_0576 the next whatever that the camera takes or shoots will be named DJI_0577

Took her out yesterday to stretch her wings. The video naming took up where the last one left off.
One word of warning if say you last recording/photo was DJI_0258 and you put a card into the drone which contained say DJI_0576 the next whatever that the camera takes or shoots will be named DJI_0577

Thanx for the tip. I usually clear the SD card as soon as I get home. Took her out yesterday to stretch her wings, All the videos continued on sequentially from the last one. Looks like that was the key. Thanx so much for your help. Stay safe...in the air AND on the ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15