DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Posting Laws?

I just let it sit there until I could see for sure the cloud of insects was gone from around it.
I contacted an organisation to do with beehives, and I was told that most likely what happened was that I stumbled into the stomping grounds of a large group of drones - Male bees - looking for a queen, which usually happens around that time of year roughly, which is most probably why they appeared out of nowhere, and not specifically from a hive, or not one that I could see on either occasion anyway.

Good to know, haven't ever had this happen to me, only ever a couple of minor birds interested.

I initially thought the swarm may have thought your drone was a predator, like a bee eater type bird.
They were certainly aggressive, possibly in a defensive way.

The DJI is certainly a huge step up in drone ability from the HS165.

Good to know, haven't ever had this happen to me, only ever a couple of minor birds interested.

I initially thought the swarm may have thought your drone was a predator, like a bee eater type bird.
They were certainly aggressive, possibly in a defensive way.

The DJI is certainly a huge step up in drone ability from the HS165.
I most definitely agree. I would never go back at this point, although my only downfall of the Mavic Mini is that I doubt it would take a thirty to forty foot drop out of a tree as well as the HS165 did.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Why not? If as a rec flyer, posting to social media is not selling a product - so totally legal. I post many of my vids / pics of my flights on social media and so do many others who are not commercial pilots - as we are not doing it for gain (money).
I’m studying for my 107 and to my understanding, it’s not as simple as just not doing it for money. For example, in the eyes of the FAA to my understanding, it’s not legal for me to take photos or video of a construction site and freely give them to the construction company to use in a brochure etc. I wish it was as simple as not for money though ??‍♂️.

Reactions: okw
I contacted an organisation to do with beehives, and I was told that most likely what happened was that I stumbled into the stomping grounds of a large group of drones - Male bees - looking for a queen, which usually happens around that time of year roughly, which is most probably why they appeared out of nowhere, and not specifically from a hive, or not one that I could see on either occasion anyway.
Very common problem with the parrot anafi drones. They attract humming birds and bees for some reason. Some say its the sound of the props.
105033870_980235725756363_8135493169195948468_n.jpg

61296431_3280886908603792_8919092583393656832_n.jpg

safe_image.jpeg.jpeg

AA211556-1005-4D7E-B9D9-41528F0F2349.jpegBees do follow an order and sometimes do really odd things. I have attached a photo of some bees that could a mini van with open rear windows. The van was parked there about 30 minutes and the owner came back to this,

• Wow
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well if there was bee venom evident then what you flew into was not drone bees as they don't have stings. Much more likely you flew near a settled swarm or a hive that you were not aware of. Drone bees do not attack because they do not have a sting to attack with

I believe someone said that bee venom is yellow, but what I wiped off was white and solidified by the time I got the drone home.

If it was mating season is it possible that that was not venom… But… Uh… Something else?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661