DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Resolution Striped

Bruno Montini

Reactions
Hello Guys !

I am having this issue in some of my drone footages where looks like the video resolution isn't in its best like there some stripes on the video. I've read it can be too much sun light coming in, but I don't really know what can be the cause of it. click the VIDEO

Any insight would help a lot ! I have some good footage going to waste because of that .. =/

Hello Guys !

I am having this issue in some of my drone footages where looks like the video resolution isn't in its best like there some stripes on the video. I've read it can be too much sun light coming in, but I don't really know what can be the cause of it. click the VIDEO

Any insight would help a lot ! I have some good footage going to waste because of that .. =/

What it looks like to me is is rolling shutter on the glare from the sun caused by panning up into the sun. I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s a good guess

Reactions: PAW and MavicFT1P
It looks like youve left your gimbal protector on and your getting reflection feedback from the props

Cool video Fun with v-sync

Looks like prop flicker, the suns reflecting off the props. Only a guess?

You problem looks very similar to this video.

Reactions: brett8883
Looks like prop flicker, the suns reflecting off the props. Only a guess?

You problem looks very similar to this video.

Yea @Porky is correct and I should have said that. It’s rolling shutter caused by the props and the glare. It you go to the video I posted above at 4 minutes the effect is identical to his LED strobe light example. The light is flickering so quickly that the frequency will actually somewhat match up with the frame rate of the video camera and due to the electronic shutter you get this rolling effect.

Reactions: Thomas B and Porky
Op, if you left your gimbal protector on, nows the time to make me look good

• Haha
Reactions: Porky
That's what's commonly called "prop shadows". Here are some things you can do to avoid that issue:
  • Fly when the sun is not high in the sky
  • Fly in a different direction (if possible)
  • Attach a lens hood (like this one) to block sunlight
  • Attach an ND filter (like one of these) to allow the shutter speed to be slowed down

I have run into this problem too. I will have to get a hood and try that out sometime. Would the led lights on a drone create this problem too (something like the firehouse led's) I have also been thinking of purchasing?

I have run into this problem too. I will have to get a hood and try that out sometime. Would the led lights on a drone create this problem too (something like the firehouse led's) I have also been thinking of purchasing?

I suppose it depends where you mount them. I’m mounting mine on the back arms when I eventually buy some?

I have ARC2strobes one on each of the front legs pointed straight forward and one on each of the back arms, 4 total. I have never had video or photo interference by the strobes in bright midday to sundown dusk. Also none seen in the dark.

Thank you so much guys !! Really appreciate you taking the time to talk about this matter.

Yeah. So I will probably have to invest in an ND filter. When you think you have all the equipments, there is always something else to add. haha.

Thank you so much guys !! Really appreciate you taking the time to talk about this matter.

Yeah. So I will probably have to invest in an ND filter. When you think you have all the equipments, there is always something else to add. haha.
Learn to use manual settings or you won’t notice much difference with any ND below 64.
NDPL filters will help decrease water surface reflection increasing to ability to see into clear water.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569