DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video save problem?

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-

I took my Mini 2 into town and flew early this morning. No problems- all seemed fine. when I got home, I downloaded from the card to my computer, and the computer told me "This format is not supported" and would not play the saved video. This is not a usual occurrence with this drone, this card, and this computer. I re-saved the video and got the same response. I then took the drone and card out back, flew a short flight and did a video- so I could check the card. this time, the video was saved to my computer and the previous vides that was not playable was also saved.
But here's the strange part- the video starts about halfway through the entire session of flying and shooting. The last half is fine- quite good, actually, but the first half is just not there.

I am not a tech person, and I would appreciate your thoughts on this occurrence.

many thanks- Ed

Good morning to all-

As I remember this flight, I landed the drone, shut off the controller, and then shut off the drone. that's my standard procedure- is there another way I should do it?

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

You should be able to fix the video by reinserting the card, starting it all back up then starting and stopping a video. This will finish and fix the file.

...as well as auto-start recording upon launching! That is completely irrecoverable if you forget!
yes I should havs mentioned that as well, mine is always set to do that, how many folk have done a flight to find out they forgot to start the video :-(

yes I should havs mentioned that as well, mine is always set to do that, how many folk have done a flight to find out they forgot to start the video :-(
I'll also include forgetting to reformat the card before flight, so you don't run out of room in the middle of a critical flight recoding! That's why I use 128GB cards, so I can easily still forget to reformat at least twice before I run into the problem! I still change cards with every battery, but sometimes I forget to immediately reformat, in the heat of the moment!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spshow