DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Signal Freezing, Drone Still Responds

Brooks

Reactions
I am fairly new to drones. I bought a Mavic Pro about 2 months ago. I had been working fine until about 3 weeks ago. I've tried everything I know to do, short of having to send it back to DJI. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Current Problem:
  • The video on my feed will get a bunch of pink lines in it and eventually will freeze up with the last thing on the screen. I can still control the drone just fine with the remote, the DJI Go 4 app isnt frozen, just the video feed is. I can navigate it back just fine using the GPS map on the screen. This seems to happen about 30-60 seconds into the flight when the drone is still within sight. When flying in WiFi mode, It will lose signal and not respond. Eventually signal will come back and I can land the drone.

Current Setup/Firmware
  • Refurbished DJI Mavic Pro (refurbed by DJI)
  • Using my iPhone X as my screen with iOS 12.1 installed.
  • The newest version of the DJI Go 4 app has been installed (also deleted and re-installed)
  • Firmware version 1.04.05
  • Flight controller version 3.02.44.07
  • Remote controller version 1.04.05

These are the things I have tried:
  • I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and installed all the latest firmware for both remote and drone
  • Tried using original iPhone cable and connected it to the bottom USB
  • Calibrated both GPS and IMU
  • Tried another phone (iPhone 6 with iOS12.1)
  • Adjusted RC antennas to 45 degree angle
  • Tried flying in multiple locations away from anything
  • Cleared video cache in app
  • Bought Litchi and it still freezes in that app
  • Closed all running apps on the phone
  • Turned airplane mode on
Is there ANYTHING else I can try? I bought this drone for my vacation next week, and at this point, I dont think I will be able to even use it.

Since you have tried 2 apps (DJIGO4 and Lichti) and you get the same video lockup its time to borrow another device and use it instead of the Iphone X. This will help isolate the issue. Start asking family, friends. and neighbors to borrow another device.

Since you have tried 2 apps (DJIGO4 and Lichti) and you get the same video lockup its time to borrow another device and use it instead of the Iphone X. This will help isolate the issue. Start asking family, friends. and neighbors to borrow another device.

I tried that today also. I used another iPhone and still got the same results. I have an iPhone X, I used an iPhone 7 today.

Reactions: Napolyon1
After rolldback turn off auto-updating so it will not change.

Reactions: Flycaster
But a question. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone without this problem using latest firmwares?

Thanks...I don’t know anyone with an android, but I will go ahead and rollback the firmware and see if that helps!

Reactions: Napolyon1
Okay... I just downgraded to firmware 1.04.02. I went straight up and the video flaked out and completely froze before I could get to 200 feet altitude. The controller keeps staying weak signal, but it still has full bars. I tried 3 different USB cables, and 2 different iPhones (iPhone X and iPhone 7). I dont know what else to do. I called DJI this week and they kept saying that it was nothing wrong with the drone and that it was my device.

The problem still remains the same, strictly with the video transmission. All videos recorded remain clear and I still have full control of the drone.

OK...question...you might have already tried this:
When you configure the set (RC/iPhone) to fly with the USB cable connection did you try turning WiFi and Bluetooth OFF on the iPhone?

Might be interference between the iPhone and the controller...

OK...question...you might have already tried this:
When you configure the set (RC/iPhone) to fly with the USB cable connection did you try turning WiFi and Bluetooth OFF on the iPhone?

Might be interference between the iPhone and the controller...

Yeah I had my phone in airplane mode with everything turned off...even all the running apps on the phone. I’m desperate for a fix lol

i tried another flight tonight when I got home. I verified that the video cache was turned off also. I turned it on and let it sit on the ground for about 10 minutes and all the images were great. When I started moving the drone around (before flight) the video started flaking out.

I noticed that my video transmission quality would go from 12.00 Mbps to 0.02 Mbps. Seems like I am getting somewhere with pinpointing the issue, but I dont know how to correct it.

Just a quickie to say I had a recent event like yours. Full control during free flight hyperlapse at about 500m. Had to bail out as I was closing in on a cruise liner (lots of clearance but seeing is believing). Happened same day I upgraded to latest firmware and figured it was culprit as everything else was pretty much same as previous 150+ flights with new M2Z. Only flown 2x since then but no troubles either time. Will let u know if happens again... bummer about stopping sequence mid-shoot...

i tried another flight tonight when I got home. I verified that the video cache was turned off also. I turned it on and let it sit on the ground for about 10 minutes and all the images were great. When I started moving the drone around (before flight) the video started flaking out.

I noticed that my video transmission quality would go from 12.00 Mbps to 0.02 Mbps. Seems like I am getting somewhere with pinpointing the issue, but I dont know how to correct it.
Dumb question have you ever checked available memory, you may have had it awhile and have a lot of background apps running.

Dumb question have you ever checked available memory, you may have had it awhile and have a lot of background apps running.

On my phone? I just checked and I have 150gb free and have closed all of my apps out.

Also, I don’t know if this had anything to do with it, but my problems started the day I installed a Samsung 64gb memory card. I have switched back and forth from the original card to this one several times along with reformatting the original card.

Right now I am performing a factory reset on both the drone and controller. I have also cleared out the original SD card and formatted it.

Also, I don’t know if this had anything to do with it, but my problems started the day I installed a Samsung 64gb memory card. I have switched back and forth from the original card to this one several times along with reformatting the original card.

Right now I am performing a factory reset on both the drone and controller. I have also cleared out the original SD card and formatted it.
64 has been a problem I read that somewhere.

Before you go thru all that try phone to usb, get a good high speed cable to trans data faster.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willsmatt