DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Video] Smart Controller - Quick and Dirty - Install the Amazon App Store or other apps

Hey can we three right now:
  • A good Browser. Brave is memory efficient, Chrome based, fast, blocks ads by default
  • File Sync software. I was using a Dropbox but they just recently stopped allowing more than three devices to connect for free. So I moved to sync.com. No problems on iOS, Windows, or Android heck even Linux is supported. but if they do initiate a policy like dropbox in the future it is less than $50 a year not $9 dollars a month like Dropbox. Right now get 6 GB of secure storage absolutely free.
  • A voice recorder. Because I'm old and I start to wonder what the hell I was doing with the camera when I rewatch footage. Now I can say to myself, "well lets go to the tape"

Reactions: CJH92474 and ff22
my lightning browser just keep crashing, can get to some of my radio forums ok but when trying to log in, crash every time

my lightning browser just keep crashing, can get to some of my radio forums ok but when trying to log in, crash every time

I don't think I've ever used it. It is written by young man that works on it during his spare time. kudos to him but... I would like a team of people working on my browser. NO idea why DJI chose that app.

Nice to see a well prepared succinct how to video. Thank you.
But I have a question, do u find that The Go 4 app crashes occasionally on the Smart controller? It may be that I’m accidently pressing the back button but it’s annoying, especially when yr running intelligent flight modes

I've also added the BRAVE browser. There was a question posed about what the built-in browser was reporting HOME, ahem, to DJI/China. I thought I recalled reading the programmer did respond to that suggestion.

I have just installed he brave browser and it works a treat, no crashes like I was having with the lightning browser.

Awesome! the only place I found it does not work that great is, ironically, this (Mavic Pilots) website for when you are editing out of BBCode.

Nice to see a well prepared succinct how to video. Thank you.
But I have a question, do u find that The Go 4 app crashes occasionally on the Smart controller? It may be that I’m accidently pressing the back button but it’s annoying, especially when yr running intelligent flight modes

I have never had it crash in 40+ flights. If you hit the back button you should be able to go to apps and click the go app and be back where you started

Yes I think I must be catching the back button, I’m not yet used to the small smart controller. Thanks for yr feedback

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31