DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

View above the peak of Lazy Mountain, Alaska

MtnMan1985

Reactions
My first attempt using my Mavic 2 Zoom in the mountains. Windy, very sunny and difficult to keep an eye on so I played it safe. I have a lot to learn but what a great hobby. If you look closely you can see my friend and I on the rocky knife ridge. Filmed in 4K so be sure to bump that quality up!

Last edited:
Spectacular landscape and smooth flying. Enjoyed it immensely, thanks for sharing!

My first attempt using my Mavic 2 Zoom in the mountains. Windy, very sunny and difficult to keep an eye on so I played it safe. I have a lot to learn but what a great hobby. If you look closely you can see my friend and I on the rocky knife ridge.

NICE - How long was the hike in hours?

I need to go back and re-memorize the US state abbreviations. I was preparing to argue that the hills in ARKANSAS aren't quite that big...and I don't think it snows that much there...

• Haha
Reactions: CJH92474
I need to go back and re-memorize the US state abbreviations. I was preparing to argue that the hills in ARKANSAS aren't quite that big...and I don't think it snows that much there...

That made me laugh, I changed the title to spell out Alaska instead of using it's designated abbreviation. :p

Reactions: BrucenYvette
If I lived in Alaska, flying drones would be my first hobby. I guess hiking would have to be my 2nd. When you get around to doing some waypoint missions, please post. I can imagine the wind is often not conducible for flying. Lower your altitude for less wind. Also, keep in mind to make your return flights downwind. Lift from the windward side of a ridge can make it quite difficult to come down and the leeward side has a lot of turbulence. These drones descend a lot slower than you desire. You should probably RTH at about 45% battery 'cause retrieval where you fly would be treacherous.

If I lived in Alaska, flying drones would be my first hobby. I guess hiking would have to be my 2nd. When you get around to doing some waypoint missions, please post. I can imagine the wind is often not conducible for flying. Lower your altitude for less wind. Also, keep in mind to make your return flights downwind. Lift from the windward side of a ridge can make it quite difficult to come down and the leeward side has a lot of turbulence. These drones descend a lot slower than you desire. You should probably RTH at about 45% battery 'cause retrieval where you fly would be treacherous.

Great advice, I appreciate it. It's funny you mention waypoint missions, I was experimenting with this over the weekend. My plan is to get all 4 seasons utilizing the same flight path from different glacial valleys, mountains peaks, etc. Should be fun, a very addicting hobby!

I was a hang glider pilot when I was in my 20's and this is a lot safer and more accessible hobby. It gets pretty squirrelly up there strapped to a glider and landings are the riskiest part. Drones are a great way to combine my love of photography, video, flying, hiking and kayaking simultaneously. Unfortunately, I live in a NFZ just outside DC and do not have many worthy subjects that are not ALSO in a National Park.

I did have an excursion to the Yukon, but also in a National Park, I just got photos.28891424801_a53cc3c786_k.jpg28967731755_a0004e8581_k.jpg

My first attempt using my Mavic 2 Zoom in the mountains. Windy, very sunny and difficult to keep an eye on so I played it safe. I have a lot to learn but what a great hobby. If you look closely you can see my friend and I on the rocky knife ridge. Filmed in 4K so be sure to bump that quality up!

Really enjoyed watching your video and as ell appreciate the effort too get there and back and share with the rest of us. Look forward to future work done by you.

Stunning, mesmerising - a really beautiful area and well video'd.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs