DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Violation of Guidelines whilst posting a video on You Tube

Barchy

Reactions
Hi All,

I've recently attempted to put 2 videos on You Tube, which I made with my Mavic Pro.

The first was a video of the entrance to Georges Bay, St Helens, Tasmania. The second was of the Barway (sand bar) to the entrance to Georges Bay, St Helens, Tas.

Each time I received an email from You Tube informing me that both my videos had been removed for breaching "Community Guidlines".

The first video I did was for the St Helens Marine Rescue and they installed it onto their Facebook (FB) page.
The second video is also for St Helens Marine Rescue but as yet hasn't been installed onto their FB page.

Neither video flies over anyone's property, nor does it show people or nudity or any offensive material, just a video of water, waves and sand.

I have appealed on both occasions to You Tube and on the first was informed that their decision to ban my video was upheld as it didn't meet Community Guidlines. They did not go into any detail as to what or how the video conflicted their Community Guidlines. I'm still awaiting their response on my appeal of the 2nd video.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi All,

I've recently attempted to put 2 videos on You Tube, which I made with my Mavic Pro.

The first was a video of the entrance to Georges Bay, St Helens, Tasmania. The second was of the Barway (sand bar) to the entrance to Georges Bay, St Helens, Tas.

Each time I received an email from You Tube informing me that both my videos had been removed for breaching "Community Guidlines".

The first video I did was for the St Helens Marine Rescue and they installed it onto their Facebook (FB) page.
The second video is also for St Helens Marine Rescue but as yet hasn't been installed onto their FB page.

Neither video flies over anyone's property, nor does it show people or nudity or any offensive material, just a video of water, waves and sand.

I have appealed on both occasions to You Tube and on the first was informed that their decision to ban my video was upheld as it didn't meet Community Guidlines. They did not go into any detail as to what or how the video conflicted their Community Guidlines. I'm still awaiting their response on my appeal of the 2nd video.

Check this out! YouTube has strange guidelines. They are always changing them.
Now is there'r strike out program. See it here! Community Guidelines strike basics - YouTube Help
Music copyrights can also delete your video as well.:eek:

Check this out! YouTube has strange guidelines. They are always changing them.
Now is there'r strike out program. See it here! Community Guidelines strike basics - YouTube Help
Music copyrights can also delete your video as well.:eek:
Hi Drone Master,
Yes, I have seen that article before regarding Community Guidelines and still cant understand why I've been banned.
It's very hard to get a detailed reply as to their actions.
Thanks for your assistance.

Reactions: Drone Master
Hi Drone Master,
Yes, I have seen that article before regarding Community Guidelines and still cant understand why I've been banned.
It's very hard to get a detailed reply as to their actions.
Thanks for your assistance.
Did you have music playing on your video? If so, what tune?

The only other thing I can think of is your title and/or metadata (I'm just guessing here). I'm sure you've seen this section of the community guidelines:

Spam, misleading metadata, and scams

Everyone hates spam. Don't create misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.

The only other thing I can think of is your title and/or metadata (I'm just guessing here). I'm sure you've seen this section of the community guidelines:

Spam, misleading metadata, and scams

Everyone hates spam. Don't create misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
Yes, interesting. I can only give the video a title based on what it is about. i.e. The Barway, St Helens, Tas. I still haven't had a response from You Tube after appealing. Extremely frustrating.

Well there you go. I just checked my channel and noticed my video was back on my You Tube page. Looks like I won my appeal. Thanks for all the help etc.
Did they ever say why your video was held in YouTube purgatory?

Well there you go. I just checked my channel and noticed my video was back on my You Tube page. Looks like I won my appeal. Thanks for all the help etc.

Where’s the link so we can check it out?

No, no reason given, which is pretty poor customer service.
I wonder if there was something in your title that set a flag in their system. Ed Ricker posted a video on his YouTube page last year talking about a video (not a drone video) that he took at a pharmaceutical plant for his work. Originally, (if I remember correctly) he had the word "drug" in the title and it totally got banned. He changed the title to remove that word and it was allowed.

Hi All,

Did you have music playing on the video? That will stop it from being uploaded on Facebook but not necessarily on YouTube--even if you wrote the music yourself.

Very nice video BTW. Geological types like myself like to look at this stuff. In this case, we can see what is known as longshore drift. Sediments that migrate parallel to the shore and then get deposited, in this case, where this river is exiting. The wave action is taking place where you have shallow water. Not serious here, but with increased wave height, this can pose a serious problem for boaters, and if you don't enter the river at the right spot, can pose a serious issue. How many times have boaters in coastal areas died while crossing a bar in the wrong place? U.S. Coast Guard has to do rescues pretty frequently on the west coast. Aerial imaging like this could be pretty useful for marine navigation in addition to being useful for geological educational purposes.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT and BrAinZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS