DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision system error

DStass

Reactions
Periodically, when flying, my display will show "Vision System Error" in red letters. I've never experienced any flight issues when this has happened. I posed this question on a DJI Facebook group and was told that it wasn't getting enough light. However, every time this has happened I was flying during the day in very bright sunlight.

There's really been nothing unusual about the conditions when this happens as opposed to when it doesn't. Daytime, bright sun, warm days (between low 80's and upper 90's).

In each case I was flying between 5 and 12 feet over an asphalt roof. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.

Can anyone give me a more specific definition of what "Vision System Error" is referring to? And can anyone give me a clue as to what the cause is and what I might be able to do about it?

Thanks much!

At a guess, the downward-facing cameras aren't getting enough light from the black roof for the vision system to navigate.

Note: guess not answer!

Reactions: DStass
I would suggest the use of a screen capture app, they are great for allowing you to see transient warnings etc..

My second Mavic 3 Cine was throwing up vision system errors as well. I thought it was a low light thing until I caught it doing so in the daytime as well. No obvious issues flying the drone occured but I did not want to chance another crazy loss so I contacted DJI and they requested I send it and the RC Pro back to them to eval. They replaced some stuff but could not resolve the errors so another new drone I received. This one has been flawless thus far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag