DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visiting the United States.

Reactions
Hi everyone.

At last we can visit the USA again from the UK. I am hoping to fly for recreational purposes only. I have passed the online Flyer safety test TRUST and have received the certificate. I now need to register my M2 Pro for $5.00 to fly, can anyone please help. I have contacted the FAA for assistance, but so far I haven’t heard back. What do I need to have? A 107 looks like it’s for under 250 gram aircraft.
Appreciate any help, I leave London on the 14th Nov.

Reactions: Kelvin Crumplin
Hi everyone.

At last we can visit the USA again from the UK. I am hoping to fly for recreational purposes only. I have passed the online Flyer safety test TRUST and have received the certificate. I now need to register my M2 Pro for $5.00 to fly, can anyone please help. I have contacted the FAA for assistance, but so far I haven’t heard back. What do I need to have? A 107 looks like it’s for under 250 gram aircraft.
Appreciate any help, I leave London on the 14th Nov.
Where are you heading to in the USA?

Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona has some fantastic vistas!

Read up on AZ / NM state drone rules before flying, as many apps will state "clear to fly" when in actuality it's not - based on state or local rules, esp state / local parks.

You'll find a lot of great flying out in the deserts / lands of the SW USA.

I live in Corrales, NM, across the Rio Grande from Albuquerque. There are a lot of great vistas as mentioned, but you do want to always check. There are some areas that are National Monuments which are no-fly, and a lot of land is owned by Indian Pueblos, Navajo or Apache. All of that land is no fly. So, do your research, but welcome and have a safe and great trip. I look forward to your videos and pictures.

I live in Corrales, NM, across the Rio Grande from Albuquerque. There are a lot of great vistas as mentioned, but you do want to always check. There are some areas that are National Monuments which are no-fly, and a lot of land is owned by Indian Pueblos, Navajo or Apache. All of that land is no fly. So, do your research, but welcome and have a safe and great trip. I look forward to your videos and pictures.
Thanks for that. Yes, I can quite imagine a lot of area is no fly. Most of the flying I will be doing in NM will either be on private land or with permission. But thanks again.

Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona has some fantastic vistas!
Please note that everything west of the road up Oak Creek Canyon is in the Red Rock Secret Mountain Wilderness Area and is a no-fly zone for drones, unfortunately. The east side of the canyon is OK, but controlled air space starts at 700', so make sure you stay below the 400' AGL limit.

Please note that everything west of the road up Oak Creek Canyon is in the Red Rock Secret Mountain Wilderness Area and is a no-fly zone for drones, unfortunately. The east side of the canyon is OK, but controlled air space starts at 700', so make sure you stay below the 400' AGL limit.
Thanks so much, you guys on here are amazing…. Yep, have done heaps of research of the where’s and where not’s. But thanks again. I am actually a CAA - GVC certified Pilot here in the UK but no time to do a 107 as your borders have only just opened again after such a long time. Looking forward to seeing more of your great lands.

Reactions: okw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980