DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visual Line-of Sight may be Extended!

Im all in favor of being able to fly past Visual Line of Sight but I dont see how this is lower risk being that Birds our always going to be a threat which increase the risk a bit.

For Delivery drones this is going to have to pass, , but im still curious how there our going to get around remote lading without loosing the signal . I wonder if we will have tall delivery poles set up but even than the birds may take that over.

This proposal won’t be allowing BVLOS for recreational pilots; either basic or advanced rating. It will only be available to a new rating of “operational” pilot flying in commercial/corporate settings.
The only additional benefit to a currently rated advanced pilot will be allowing flights above 400 AGL in uncontrolled airspace.
This proposal also gets the ball rolling on remote ID, which will be a kick in the groin!
Overall, not much to jump for joy over?

Last edited:
Im all in favor of being able to fly past Visual Line of Sight but I dont see how this is lower risk being that Birds our always going to be a threat which increase the risk a bit.
If you read the proposal, and the chart on page 8, you’ll understand.
It doesn’t suggest that BVLOS is a lower risk than VLOS.
It just says that of the four classes of BVLOS ops, in conjunction with weight groups, some of the combinations are a lesser risk and will be allowed for commercial flights without needing a Special Flight Operations Certificate.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If you read the proposal, and the chart on page 8, you’ll understand.
It doesn’t suggest that BVLOS is a lower risk than VLOS.
It just says that of the four classes of BVLOS ops, in conjunction with weight groups, some of the combinations are a lesser risk and will be allowed for commercial flights without needing a Special Flight Operations Certificate.
Yes. I didn't get to read the whole thing prior to posting. It sounded good at first. Not so much now.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones