DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VLCplayer

prestonrich

Reactions
Anyone using this program for your video playbacks? I have no sound at all, yet there is sound on the video file itself. I can’t find a setting to enable my Windows 10 desktop to play the audio. Any ideas?

Anyone using this program for your video playbacks? I have no sound at all, yet there is sound on the video file itself. I can’t find a setting to enable my Windows 10 desktop to play the audio. Any ideas?
VLC is one of the most used video players.
There's no trick to playing sound .. if it's there it should play.
So the questions are:
Are you sure there is sound on the file?
Do you have the volume turned up?

Reactions: dawgpilot

The top bar on VLC should have an audio tab along with others, failing that right click on the screen and the options should show.

You have got sound on your PC with other programs haven't you ? ;)
Yes. I have sound during playback on the iPhone w/the SD card in the drone and connected. I have no sound after transferring the SD card content directly to the laptop via a microSD slot and playing back on the laptop. The image, however, is terrific.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Sound from a video recording made by the AC? I doubt that. All you'd get is prop noise if it had audio. My Syma camera had a mic, and audio was a horrible screeching.

Now I do know you can set the Go app to add audio to the cache video, where the audio is taken from the device. Great for making comments about your flight. Probably a pain to transfer the audio from the lower quality cache video to the higher quality video on the AC's SD.

What did you think you would hear?
And who would want to listen to constant motor noise?

• He thought he would hear the sounds near the drone. You know, birds, wind, etc.
  • Nobody.

There you go. Seems pretty obvious. But what's obvious to one person is something totally new to another.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis