DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting for my MAS propellers

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

I finally decided to cough up the money and ordered one set of orange MAS v.2 stealth propellers for my Mavic Air. Order placed on 22/11/2019 and confirmed on 23/11/2019. I understand international shipping, especially to an address like mine, will not be swift but I am beginning to wonder if USPS has lost my order or if they are just taking their sweet time. Seeing that my item was last seen in Jamaica, may be the props felt like taking a vacation there.

Screenshot_2019-12-17 USPS com® - USPS Tracking® Results.png
Is it time to contact MAS or should I give it another week or two? May be my MAS propellers will tire of their holiday soon. Meanwhile, I will have to keep hearing how great everyone else's MAS propellers are; yeah come on, rub it in my face :(

Reactions: Mrmund
Will be interesting to “hear” your thoughts on the wayward props once they arrive. There are some that have been less than thrilled with the difference in noise level. Please update when you can. TIA.

I am beginning to wonder if USPS has lost my order or if they are just taking their sweet time
USPS only delivers packages within the US. Once a package leaves the US (November 28th in your case), it's in the hands of other local mail carriers.

USPS only delivers packages within the US. Once a package leaves the US (November 28th in your case), it's in the hands of other local mail carriers.
Great! So now, I don't even have an entity to blame!

Will be interesting to “hear” your thoughts on the wayward props once they arrive. There are some that have been less than thrilled with the difference in noise level. Please update when you can. TIA.
Will gladly do so. I am mainly interested in the claimed increased flight time though; I love how loud my MA is :D

I finally decided to cough up the money and ordered one set of orange MAS v.2 stealth propellers for my Mavic Air. Order placed on 22/11/2019 and confirmed on 23/11/2019. I understand international shipping, especially to an address like mine, will not be swift but I am beginning to wonder if USPS has lost my order or if they are just taking their sweet time. Seeing that my item was last seen in Jamaica, may be the props felt like taking a vacation there.

View attachment 88321
Is it time to contact MAS or should I give it another week or two? May be my MAS propellers will tire of their holiday soon. Meanwhile, I will have to keep hearing how great everyone else's MAS propellers are; yeah come on, rub it in my face :(
If you have the USPS tracking number you can try tracking it on USPS’ website and they will usually make note of who they gave it to (probably UPS international).

Frankly, I would expect a month minimum to your address and customs is always the wild card. When I worked for an online retailer we would sometimes send replacement packages to international customers after a month and then the customer would call us back that they received the new package and the original which was sent a month earlier on the same day.

If you have the USPS tracking number you can try tracking it on USPS’ website and they will usually make note of who they gave it to (probably UPS international).

Frankly, I would expect a month minimum to your address and customs is always the wild card. When I worked for an online retailer we would sometimes send replacement packages to international customers after a month and then the customer would call us back that they received the new package and the original which was sent a month earlier on the same day.
So give it another week or two, I shall. It is just the lack of updates since Dec 5 which is bugging me. Yes I have the USPS tracking number, but all it shows is it was last in Jamaica, and is in transit to the next center. But I hear you, I am probably being impatient.

Reactions: Prismatic
Unlike you, I was most interested in the reduced sound with MAS props, secondarily flight time. On both fronts I'd tell you to expect some improvement, but nothing huge. That said, I use MAS props on my Air exclusively. Even modest differences make them worthwhile, IMHO.

... Seeing that my item was last seen in Jamaica, may be the props felt like taking a vacation there.

View attachment 88321
Um ... the Jamaica in your tracking history not a Caribbean island. It's a section of Queens (NYC), a few blocks from JFK International. I've not been there myself, but I don't expect it's a big vacation destination! ?

Um ... the Jamaica in your tracking history not a Caribbean island. It's a section of Queens (NYC), a few blocks from JFK International. I've not been there myself, but I don't expect it's a big vacation destination! ?
Ouch! And here I was picturing my MAS props getting high .... But I guess they can still do that in Queens ;)

It is just the lack of updates since Dec 5 which is bugging me
I send lots of USPS packages from the US to other countries. The tracking information is rarely updated from the time the package leaves the US until it's delivered. It's frustrating sometimes when people are wanting status updates, but most of the packages make it to the destination eventually.

I send lots of USPS packages from the US to other countries. The tracking information is rarely updated from the time the package leaves the US until it's delivered. It's frustrating sometimes when people are wanting status updates, but most of the packages make it to the destination eventually.
Thanks @msinger; good to know this is the norm. But I really fail to see why this is in this age; barcode readers are everywhere; heck even our 3rd rate postal service has them*. Unless international shipping actually means using ships (in which case my package is still crossing the Atlantic), there is no reason why the tracking info stops the moment the package leaves US territory.
*Interesting tidbit about our Postal Service - it was probably the first such service in Africa having been established in 1894 and Ethiopia became a member of the Universal Postal Union in 1908 (yeah, really). And yet, we still don't have a system of distributing mail to our homes. We have to rent a post office box at one of their facilities, and collect our mail ourselves. Whenever I make international orders, I have to explain this fact because I get the inevitable query - "you did not fill in a zip code or a residential address; please give us your full mailing address so that we can send you your stuff". /End rant

Got them today :) Apparently, they were held at customs for more than two weeks. The package was opened, and resealed. Looking forward to my extra 2 minutes of flight :D

Reactions: NZmxer
I just flew three batteries with them, flying till each battery was down to about 25%. I think I got slightly above a minute of extra flight compared to the stock props; was hoping for 2 but I will take whatever I get gladly. I didn't think I would be impressed by the noise reduction but I was very wrong - they really reduce the noise. Very impressed with them!

Reactions: Prismatic
I just flew three batteries with them, flying till each battery was down to about 25%. I think I got slightly above a minute of extra flight compared to the stock props; was hoping for 2 but I will take whatever I get gladly. I didn't think I would be impressed by the noise reduction but I was very wrong - they really reduce the noise. Very impressed with them!
Some pilots in my country claim it destabilises the aircraft, ie it won’t hold position so easily. I didn’t ask if they changed the gains, do you feel the same?

Some pilots in my country claim it destabilises the aircraft, ie it won’t hold position so easily. I didn’t ask if they changed the gains, do you feel the same?
Yes I changed the gain settings to what is recommended and I didn't see any issues at all with the AC holding position. Last flight was basically the AC hovering at 70m for 12minutes while I shot a series of photos. No problems at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD