DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Warranty/Care Refresh and Master Airscrew Props?

eva2000

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have an almost 2 week old DJI Mini 2 with has 2yr DJI Care Refresh plan. In the noob excitement, I ordered some Master Airscrew Propellers for a quieter sound. But didn't really think how using MAS props will impact DJI Mini 2's manufacturer warranty and DJI Care Refresh?

I guess if I do switch out the stock propellers for MAS props, I'd void my manufacturer's warranty at least? And DJI Care Refresh?

While searching on the forums came across Did DJI tell you to remove the drone's propellers before sending it back for service? which suggests for servicing, DJI may ask to return the drone with props removed anyway? So that means self-removal of props is ok then and thus replacement?

Reactions: Gagey52
DJI won't know what props you are using unless you tell them.

Unless there's something in the flight logs pertaining to the operation of each of the motors that indicates a different prop being used (speed, amps,etc ) that they can see on a graph. 🤔

Put the stock ones back on if needed when sending it in.

Reactions: Gagey52 and eva2000
I certainly wouldn't return a drone with MAS props on it ....but for the reason that you are unlikely to get them back, a drone 'repaired' by DJI is more likely to be a replacement drone rather than your own which has been fixed.

As to whether or not DJI could/can tell, from the DAT's on the drone, whether or not non DJI props have been used I have no idea. But bear in mind that the in-use software can 'detect' deformed props on the Mavic Mini.

But really, isn't whether good but non DJI props will invalidate warranty etc. a question that you should ask DJI in writing and get a written answer to. "My mate down the pub said...." doesn't really have any 'weight'

As a matter of interest do MAS make any statements concerning this?

MAS do run lower RPM's.
Not sure if DJI would pick it up based on some sort of average when doing an analysis.

Someone asked on the DJI forum recently . . .

"I just saw a post on FB about Master Airscrew replacement props for the Mavic 3. Do they have any effect on warranty or care refresh? I would like to try them but not to the extent of jeopardising support from DJI."

The admin there replied . . .

"Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses this propellers ( Master airscrew propellers ) on there DJI Mavic #. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Mavic 3 specially propellers. Propellers are one of the main components of the drone that should not be taken for granted when flying your DJI drone in terms of compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition, using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI drones and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always."

The admins on the DJI forums are certainly on the DJI payroll, and have some clout with complaints etc.
The use of "do not recommend" and "can void the warranty" sort of implies it's not ironclad, but maybe play it safe for a while and just test the waters slowly in really ideal circumstances . . . open area, close by, slowly but steadily increase confidence in them.

Cheers folks. The question about whether DJI's logs would allow them to differentiate the props used is an interesting one though.

I certainly wouldn't return a drone with MAS props on it .

Yeah that's for sure. But did read @Phantomrain.org past post that he did just that and returned a DJI drone with MAS props on and it was fine!

Reactions: MA2 317 and Gagey52
I have had one experience with Care Refresh on my Mini 2 and I doubt they even inspect the drone you send back other than to see that you included everything you were supposed to return.

I say this based on tracking info from the shipments. My (new) replacement was shipped out less than 3 hours after the broken one was received by DJI. Hard to believe they could do much in depth analysis of the fault in that time. That being said, you definitely do not want to return it with any 3rd party gear attached.

Note in my case, they did not ask me to remove the props but did want me to remove the battery.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan