DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting time between flights?

Engelsione

Reactions
Hey fellows... What is the proper waiting time between flights? Switching from dead battery to a fresh one and up again?

Seconds. If you're going to keep it running in the same environment, it will reach its max temps for that location pretty quickly.

Reactions: Kestrel
I have been since I got mine. Run 4 battery's back to back
this morning . No issues yet .

Reactions: Mashuugana
Unless you're flying in the middle of Death Valley in the middle of Summer afternoon...4 to 5 batt B2B no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: pedroj
As the Mavic is quite hot under the battery and at the belly after a full flight, especially with summer temperatures, I think it's a good idea for ensuring a long product life to let it cool down for a few minutes with removed battery.

Reactions: Johnny Muzzi
Same here, three batteries one after the other. No issues yet.

I've run through all six batteries on several flights and never had an issue... I've been doing this since March...

As the Mavic is quite hot under the battery and at the belly after a full flight, especially with summer temperatures, I think it's a good idea for ensuring a long product life to let it cool down for a few minutes with removed battery.
The Mavic has a heat sink and a cooling fan to keep the temperature regulated. Letting the electronics warm up and cool down over and over again is NOT a good idea.

It's pointless since it will just heat to that same temp as soon as you start it again. If anything it'd be better NOT to wait since what causes damage is the repeated cooling and heating, not "being at operating temp".
Yep - thermal stress is what causes things to fail because of materials expanding and contracting.

I've had 5 batteries since I got my Mavic in January 2017 and I always fly my Mav until the last battery gives me its 30 percent warning before bringing it in and calling it a day. Never a problem with heat, no indications of any overuse, motors are never excessively hot, and never even any indication that numerous flights lead to any decrease in its performance.

This machine is a workhorse. The only concerns I have is if I should replace my props just as a matter of course after so many flights and far more than a million feet of distance flown thus far. Never had a crash and all 4 original props look in perfect shape, but it's just something I think about. But then again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan