DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waiting time between flights?

I've run through all six batteries on several flights and never had an issue... I've been doing this since March...
Hi I've never used more than three batteries one after the other not because there has been any problems but I wonder how long the charge in the controller would last after the third flight. Any experiences?

Depends on the mobile device you use. Look at the RC battery percentage, it's a good indication.

I think you only need to wait to charge a battery (let it cool 10-15 minutes). Not for flying with a fresh one.

Also putting the freshly spent battery somewhere it can cool quickly. If you're at home in front of a fan.. otherwise just on top of case or something is better than in your pocket or back in the case. I put it so it stands the tall way so it can get as much surface area exposed to circulation.

Hi I've never used more than three batteries one after the other not because there has been any problems but I wonder how long the charge in the controller would last after the third flight. Any experiences?
I use a iPad Pro 9.7 and after batteries I thing I still had around 48% left on the controller...

I use a iPad Pro 9.7 and after batteries I thing I still had around 48% left on the controller...
I'm now using an ACER Iconia One 7 which I've found much better than my Samsung phone. Thanks for all the input. I will now invest in a fourth battery for my MP.

I'm shooting a construction job site. Hovering only at 90 feet. Anybody care to guess how long I could hover like this before the controller battery hits 0%?

I'm shooting a construction job site. Hovering only at 90 feet. Anybody care to guess how long I could hover like this before the controller battery hits 0%?

Depends on all circumstances. Wind, how old the batteries are, if fully charged, what you have landing set at and on and on.
Even depends on your app. and your mp. When it was built. How many flights you have.
Too many variables to guess.
Is this a contest and do I win a prize if I guess right. [emoji848] 24.365 minutes. Was I right? Did I win?

Just purchased three more batteries last night. That's 11 now for me. Have a shoot next week and will report results then. Have used five batteries nonstop with no issues.

How long do you leave your MP on after a flight is over? If the fan is running I don’t like to turn it off right away.

flight mike,
think UAD is talking about the remote controller battery, NOT the bird's batteries.

I have only ran three flights before recharging the controller and use about 10% on each flight. Not sure if as the battery gets lower it will be used up faster though.

flight mike,
think UAD is talking about the remote controller battery, NOT the bird's batteries.

I have only ran three flights before recharging the controller and use about 10% on each flight. Not sure if as the battery gets lower it will be used up faster though.

I guess I better read the rules better if I'm gonna win. Lol

I've ran 5 batteries and lowest I've had was 43% left on controller. I use a clean mini 4 if that matters.
So with 5 batteries that's about 90 minutes, give or take.
I have a portable USB charger but have never used it.

I've never waited on any flight with a fresh battery. the only delay i have ever had is flying in tropical areas, and then not being able to charge till the battery cools down.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661