DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Want to buy the Mini but being blocked :(

I know, especially given the seller's single feed back, hence "IT IS ALMOST CERTAINLY FAKE" But, on the off chance, that it is somehow real and that the 'sellers' account hasn't been hacked and assuming 'one' is protected I think it's .....interesting.

CarstenB, thanks
TJPearson, I bought an 5S, so if you can hang fire for a couple of days I'll post the model and whether or not it can run the Fly app.
I had, via a browser, a look in the Apple Store and it lists the 5S as compatible but that's the .com site, I don't know if there is a UK site. If I go to the Apple store, presumably UK, via my Macbook I can not see the app but I guess that's probably due to the Macbook being a laptop rather than a phone. There's a 64Gb S5 71 hours away on ebay 8pm on Monday that looks quite nice. Now I have to get cables sorted out

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tjpearson
I've never been a fan of Apple but my wife is the opposite and I'm forever blown away by the camera quality. My Note is getting a bit laggy, my car more geared up for iPhones and like the camera so might get, if not new, defo the 6 onwards. You have really helped solve my issue because the 5's ain't gonna break the bank, looking on eBay get ok one £75 to £100 and a 6 for not a lot more, I've been doing my research and iPhones seem popular for running app where as Android tend to be hit and miss and drain power.

Besides being 64bit Android, Google Play will also require 4GB RAM installed for Fly to show up.
Many have gotten away with as little as 2GB RAM by downloading APK from DJI and manually installing, but may also fail. If you do successfully manually install, you'll always have to manually install updates as well.

When MM was first released, Fly often would not appear when searched for in Play, even when device was fully compatible. The workaround was to search for, but not necessarily install one of the other DJI apps, see details about the app, and have it show other apps from DJI. Fly would then appear.

Still doing my research and on further investigation the Android DJI FLY app is hard to find, I mean its possible to get to download with a bit of googling first but just can't except how poor this is. I got thinking, Apple seem to be the first priority for being supported by hardware manufacturers and I include my car and other devices for that and wonder why, is it because world wide they are a more commonly used phone and tablet I don't know. So I searched the Apple DJI Fly app and the difference is fantastic, instantly came up with a full list of supported devices that the app will work with written by Apple on the app install site, so my verdict is I'm sure more success will be experienced if using an iPhone or iPad with DJI Fly.

@ TJPearson "I've never been a fan of Apple" nor have I, primarily because of the hype around them but their stuff does seem rather nice and if it runs Fly and doesn't murder my Mini controller's battery I will be chuffed.

DanMan32 that explains some posts in here, ta.

@ TJPearson "I've never been a fan of Apple" nor have I, primarily because of the hype around them but their stuff does seem rather nice and if it runs Fly and doesn't murder my Mini controller's battery I will be chuffed.

DanMan32 that explains some posts in here, ta.
I detest the patronising TV adverts mostly and they are so limited for being able to do naughty stuff :p. I had an iPhone years ago my wife got me for my 50th, within months I decided to jail break it to give me a bit more freedom and Apple banned me from my account, hows that for control.

jail break =?
Similar if not the same as rooting an Android phone, in Apple's case the name was jail break and then you could install custom roms and do all sorts, think Apple got a grip of this to stop illegal activity such as trying apps for free for a couple of months before purchase and loads of other stuff.

Ta, rooting a phone scares the 1234 out of me, never even thought to try the Macbook but will have a look for curiousity's sake. But in this case I think it will be look only and I will abide by "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and not play with it. I very very rarely use root privileges even when running Linux on a PC or laptop

Besides being 64bit Android, Google Play will also require 4GB RAM installed for Fly to show up.

That’s not quite right. My current phone, a Samsung Galaxy A20e, has only 3GB of RAM but DJI Fly shows up in the Play store and installs and runs just fine. It’s also one of Samsung’s cheapest models too, if anyone is looking for something that will work without breaking the bank.

Yes PF be very careful as if not done correctly you can brick the device, the only reason I did it was to get my photographs from my iPhone without having to use that bloody awful iTunes programme

I had the same issue too. After buying my MM I found out that my Motorola G5s was not ok for installing DJI Fly since it runs 32-bit on a 64-bit phone. I bought myself a second hand (one month old) Samsung Galaxy S8 for 200 € and that works like a charm.

Nice woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uuuum I am going to throw a spanner in the works here but.............for that combined cost could you get a tastier drone and a cheaper phone? I can see a valid argument against this in that if you crash and wipe out a Mini it's less of a loss than a tastier drone but...........don't shoot me!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman