DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Want to buy the Mini but being blocked :(

Used phones are cheap, check Craigslist.
When I upgrade my phones, I usually sell my old phone for $200 on Craigslist, they work well still. For example, in December 2019, bought my Samsung S10, sold my S8 plus for $200.

Used phones are cheap, check Craigslist.
When I upgrade my phones, I usually sell my old phone for $200 on Craigslist, they work well still. For example, in December 2019, bought my Samsung S10, sold my S8 plus for $200.
Yes I've thought of just getting some cheap used phone but honestly can't rely on that working either, feel I may go round and round in circles just finding a device that does the job

Yes I've thought of just getting some cheap used phone but honestly can't rely on that working either, feel I may go round and round in circles just finding a device that does the job
It looks like Samsung S7,S8, S9, and for sure S10 all work...or get the plus model of them if you want the larger screen. For convenience to carry, I went back to the smaller phone this time, instead of getting another plus model.

TJpearson if you change your mind and start reconsidering a mini, google, in relation to compatiblility, any phone or tablet you consider. Or search this forum and or the DJI forum. I recollect reading that whether or not some suggested phones will work depends on precisely what innards they contain i.e. version xyz of a given type will work whilst version abc will not. I think it comes down to the likes of the chip mentioned in post #16

TJpearson if you change your mind and start reconsidering a mini, google, in relation to compatiblility, any phone or tablet you consider. Or search this forum and or the DJI forum. I recollect reading that whether or not some suggested phones will work depends on precisely what innards they contain i.e. version xyz of a given type will work whilst version abc will not. I think it comes down to the likes of the chip mentioned in post #16
Yes, this is what concerns me, in the UK spec can be very different to the same model in the US

attached are screen shots from my S6 that "was on EE". The black background photo is of the running Fly App. The phone was not connected to the controller or the drone at the time those screenshots were taken. I haven't got a SIM card that will fit it so I do not know if it is still locked to EE

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200604-212310.png
    Screenshot_20200604-212310.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20200604-212352.png
    Screenshot_20200604-212352.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
i am flying my Mini using an old iphone 5S 16gb which can be had really cheap if that's the issue. No problems, never ran out of memory, screen is small but bright and battery lasts many hours. DJI fly installed and updates without any issues. I also use it as my only phone but now that my wife has "upgraded" to an 8 i think i'll use her old 5S for the Mini. It even fits into the flymore box.

Reactions: tjpearson
i am flying my Mini using an old iphone 5S 16gb which can be had really cheap if that's the issue. No problems, never ran out of memory, screen is small but bright and battery lasts many hours. DJI fly installed and updates without any issues. I also use it as my only phone but now that my wife has "upgraded" to an 8 i think i'll use her old 5S for the Mini. It even fits into the flymore box.
Oooh now that's interesting cheap on ebay as well

Not the mini but the air 2. I have been using a 6s plus. But have started getting a processor issue, twice now. Phone is wiped as daughters old phone, nothing else running in it. I didn’t want to but I may have to start using my 11 pro max again. So not sure , if go iPhone maybe the 8 onwards would cope better. I don’t really want to tie up a chunk of money just for a screen, might as well go for the smart controller when an update comes out.

Carsten any chance of posting the exact model you have please?

Any body else having a look at 5S iphone on ebay uk lol?????????

Used iPad mini 4. Inexpensive and fits the MM remote perfectly. Runs Fly and easily updated. Does Not Drain remote battery either. A match made in .........

Reactions: ven
Well, I have an announcement, because everyone has been so helpful on this forum and feel confident I can turn to members for any future help I'm going with the Mini again, just can't find a better option in spec and budget.

Have a look at ebay item nos. 383573948140

IT IS ALMOST CERTAINLY FAKE as Curry's were selling them at just under £400 (with the available vouchers) on ebay a couple of weeks ago. But if you use a Credit Card and Paypal you may well be covered if it is a rip off, CHECK THOUGH.
I have actually 'bought' one so waiting to see the ad gets pulled and the expected message from ebay that it was a fake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4