DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wanted: Animation of Litchi missions

Captain Jack

Reactions
I am kinda new to Litchi missions with the first couple doing unexpected moves. And so I can see a real need for an app or program or extra that uses the mission statement to fly in animation - using an icon flying the route in 3D, rotating as instructed, and calling out extra actions as they occur with the mission time showing in a window. A valuable tool, so we can check if we've got everything just right before putting our bird in the air.

For the developers among us, here is a great way to help the community. I'd gladly pay a few bucks for something really good.
Who else would like to see their missions on a screen before flying them?

Reactions: ChrisHackney
Absolutely! I was participating in the other thread where this tool was developed , but seemingly the developer did not maintain compatibility with 64 bit operating systems.
Something to be aware of that I recently discovered is that Google Earth uses an approximation of tree heights and is not dead on accurate with thier height. I found this out by Planning a Mission in Lichti and then exporting it out of the Mission Hub (online) to a .KML file. I then opened the .KML in Google Earth and the path looked like I had enough altitude to clear all the Google Earth rendered trees.

Then I flew the Mission with my Mavic and watched the camera feed. It was flying with a direct trajectory to slam into the tippy top of one of the trees so I cancelled the Mission immediately and adjusted for height.

The app you want is "Drone Harmony", it only available for Android and although still in Beta has been out for awhile.
It has many pre programed flight options and manual programming options and can set POIs as well as ground obstacles and their heights.
Once a mission has been created you can view it in 3D and see the full camera view and even alter each waypoint and camera view for each waypoint.
f1458ddc5a707fb71bbf1d7232fd252e.jpg

Available on the Playstore.

Does Drone Harmony use Google Earth to allow actual imagery or just the block figures as representation of the ground terrain and potential obstacles?

Well Lichti has the web based Mission Planner which makes it nice to define missions on a large screen before flight and then sync with ones device.

I will have to load up Drone Harmony and see how tough it is to use on a smaller screen tablet.

Thanks for point out this app!

Reactions: Dragonfly
I am kinda new to Litchi missions with the first couple doing unexpected moves. And so I can see a real need for an app or program or extra that uses the mission statement to fly in animation - using an icon flying the route in 3D, rotating as instructed, and calling out extra actions as they occur with the mission time showing in a window. A valuable tool, so we can check if we've got everything just right before putting our bird in the air.

For the developers among us, here is a great way to help the community. I'd gladly pay a few bucks for something really good.
Who else would like to see their missions on a screen before flying them?
I want Litchi to support this as well.

Reactions: Captain Jack
Well Lichti has the web based Mission Planner which makes it nice to define missions on a large screen before flight and then sync with ones device.

I will have to load up Drone Harmony and see how tough it is to use on a smaller screen tablet.

Thanks for point out this app!
You can plan all your flights on your PC on Google earth then export the KML files to Drone Harmony. So if you need bigger screen to work on you can.

Not familiar with how one plans thier missions within Google Earth. Exporting should be easy though.

This thread should help you; however, please keep in mind that this guy is doing this out of the kindness of his own heart and charges nothing. I know sometimes people can be very critical or point out flaws before complimenting someone and that is the fastest way to get someone to stop helping the community. So everyone, be nice :)
PS. Read the entire thread since the most current version is further in the thread and please use the help button before asking questions in the thread.

Virtual Litchi Mission

Reactions: namirda
This thread should help you; however, please keep in mind that this guy is doing this out of the kindness of his own heart and charges nothing. I know sometimes people can be very critical or point out flaws before complimenting someone and that is the fastest way to get someone to stop helping the community. So everyone, be nice :)
PS. Read the entire thread since the most current version is further in the thread and please use the help button before asking questions in the thread.

Virtual Litchi Mission

@marklyn Thanks for the referral. By the way, I really am no 'snowflake' - if there is something wrong then tell me and I will fix it!!

Virtual Lichi Mission can certainly help to visualize your Litchi mission even before you get your drone out of it's case.

The latest version Version 1.0.4 is available here

Attachments

• Virtual Litchi Mission V1.0.4.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: marklyn
@marklyn Thanks for the referral. By the way, I really am no 'snowflake' - if there is something wrong then tell me and I will fix it!!

Virtual Lichi Mission can certainly help to visualize your Litchi mission even before you get your drone out of it's case.

The latest version Version 1.0.4 is available here
Good to know you're more thick skinned than most. I've seen development come to a cold stop when someone has criticized an ongoing project before. It was something that I *really* wanted to see come to fruition but it basically died on the vine. It happens.
PS. I probably downloaded 1.0.4 minutes after you posted it. Hope you continue to add features, fixes when needed and changes :)

Just to confirm that I have used Namirda's program at least ten times to setup missions, and have be pleasantly surprised at beautiful GE displays it. Mind, I must have an internet connection, which is not possible where I do a lot of flying.
Sad final note, my bird tried to land on water and failed! Not sure what happened yet. I'll post a new thread to explain further and seek assistance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots