DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wanted to find my logs

Ticoviejo

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is all I get. A big fat zero. I know that I have been flying at least once a week in my farm. I just wanted to fond my logs and try to understand them.
Anyone has a link to an easy to follow written or video of how to procede from this point?
I’m looking at the DJI FLY App
In the middle of me doing this, some idiot tries to kill Trump. Third World country?

Attachments

• IMG_0328.png
    IMG_0328.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: justhangingaround
This is all I get. A big fat zero. I know that I have been flying at least once a week in my farm. I just wanted to fond my logs and try to understand them.
Anyone has a link to an easy to follow written or video of how to procede from this point?
I’m looking at the DJI FLY App
In the middle of me doing this, some idiot tries to kill Trump. Third World country?
Need wifi connection to sync,below some screen shots to guide you from my SE...DJIFLY....
PROFILE,,SETTINGS,,SYNC FLIGHT DATA,,GIVE PERMISSION TO LOAD 👍 then your flights appear where you got 0..
Yeh saw that on news today
Screenshot_20240714-203514_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240714-203534_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240714-203553_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240714-203706_Gallery.jpg

Need wifi connection to sync,below some screen shots to guide you from my SE...DJIFLY....
PROFILE,,SETTINGS,,SYNC FLIGHT DATA,,GIVE PERMISSION TO LOAD 👍 then your flights appear where you got 0..
Yeh saw that on news today
The OP appears to be in the USA, they can no longer sync logs with DJI unless they perhaps us a VPN.

Besides the logs should appear without syncing, mine do, after all the sync sources the logs from the phone.
You do however raise an interesting point,
@Ticoviejo is this the screen device, controller/phone/tablet, that was used during the flights?

Reactions: justhangingaround
Thanks for the answers.
Was using my iPad. Had good internet connection. Never saw a “sync request” on this screen. I must be missing a step somewhere.
This is the last screen that I get:
IMG_0330.png

Sorry about that, I guess the mighty United states ain't so United,
What a stupid law ,up there with gun laws, to many loose units in high places
I'm thinking since cant sync because that law its that's why it's missing in DJIFLY app
Good luck with this
What if you need flight log to save your *** in a event or dispute, that would make me sell straight away

Last edited:
And then there is their statement: “However, the DJI RC and RC 2 are locked down by DJI and cannot install third party apps such as AirData UAV.”
I am not sure what point you are trying to make but a little further down the page it says

"Overview: Manual Upload of TXT Flight Logs
AirData supports the manual upload of TXT format flight logs from the DJI RC and DJI RC 2.
These flight logs can be uploaded to your account by dragging and dropping them from your computer desktop to the upload box on our Manual Upload Page.
The TXT flight logs will need to be copied to your computer desktop before they can be uploaded, as you cannot drag files directly from the remote controller to your web browser."
and goes on to give the process.

And, with regards to installing the Airdata app, I did say "....... if that is possible"

Sorry about that, I guess the mighty United states ain't so United,
What a stupid law ,up there with gun laws, to many loose units in high places
I'm thinking since cant sync because that law its that's why it's missing in DJIFLY app
Good luck with this
What if you need flight log to save your *** in a event or dispute, that would make me sell straight away
Uh, we are United and there is no law in this case. DJI is afraid of a possible ban so it disabled the ability to directly interface. Nevertheless, transferring the logs to AirData is simple and only takes a few minutes.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
I am not sure what point you are trying to make but a little further down the page it says

"Overview: Manual Upload of TXT Flight Logs
AirData supports the manual upload of TXT format flight logs from the DJI RC and DJI RC 2.
These flight logs can be uploaded to your account by dragging and dropping them from your computer desktop to the upload box on our Manual Upload Page.
The TXT flight logs will need to be copied to your computer desktop before they can be uploaded, as you cannot drag files directly from the remote controller to your web browser."
and goes on to give the process.

And, with regards to installing the Airdata app, I did say "....... if that is possible"
My apologies. I quit reading after that neg. statement. I’ll have to go and finish reading.
BTW, I found my flights. All 49 of them. In the RC-2. All they show is a pretty map of the path that the M2P took. Non of the technical information that the logs that I have seen posted on other threads.
Will that AirData App open the rest of the info from those logs?

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
My apologies. I quit reading after that neg. statement. I’ll have to go and finish reading.
BTW, I found my flights. All 49 of them. In the RC-2. All they show is a pretty map of the path that the M2P took. Non of the technical information that the logs that I have seen posted on other threads.
Will that AirData App open the rest of the info from those logs
Follow the instructions on AirData and upload all of the .TXT files to your new AirData account. AirData will use the TXT file data and show everything in a nice and easy display to understand.
It's a good idea to analyze each and every flight to learn what happens good and bad.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
All they show is a pretty map of the path that the M2P took. Non of the technical information that the logs that I have seen posted on other threads.
The app ONLY displays the map and limited telemetry etc.

The other stuff comes from uploading the .txt flight log "DJIFlightRecord_YYYY-MM-DD_[hh-mm-ss].txt" to
then downloading the csv from there.
You can upload the .txt flight log to Airdata but the resulting csv contains less information.

If you want graphical plots then download CsvView from
and use CsvView to process the phantomhelp csv.

Alternatively there is FlightReader
which is by the PhantomHelp guy and runs on your computer without the need to upload stuff to the internet, it produces similar CSVs to Phantomhlep.

There are two other flight logs, DATs, one may be on the screen device and the other will be on the drone, Forget about the one on the drone, only DJI can read those, they are encrypted.
The one on the screen device may, model depending, be 'readable' and contains a LOT more info but if you have previously synced logs with DJI then there is a fair chance that the DATs for those stnced logs have been deleted during the sync.

The DATs from the M2P screen device should be readable ..... if they exist, and can be processed by CsvView or DatCon (same website as CsvView )

Last edited:
Alternatively there is FlightReader
which is by the PhantomHelp guy and runs on your computer without the need to upload stuff to the internet, it produces similar CSVs to Phantomhlep.

Flight Reader is able to automatically transfer flight logs from Android devices (including DJI remote controllers with a screen). No Internet connection is required.

------------------------

Transfer DJI TXT flight logs directly from Android devices

Flight Reader 1.6.3 (or higher) is able to to transfer TXT flight logs directly from Android devices (phones/tablets/DJI RCs) that are connected to your computer with a USB cable. These transfers are quick and don’t require uploading your flight logs to the Internet.

Follow these instructions to connect an Android device to your computer with a USB cable that supports files transfer and then start Flight Reader (if not running) or choose FileSync Flight Logs from the menu at the top of the main Flight Reader window (if Flight Reader is already running).

Flight Reader is able to automatically transfer flight logs from Android devices (including DJI remote controllers with a screen). No Internet connection is required.

------------------------

Transfer DJI TXT flight logs directly from Android devices

Flight Reader 1.6.3 (or higher) is able to to transfer TXT flight logs directly from Android devices (phones/tablets/DJI RCs) that are connected to your computer with a USB cable. These transfers are quick and don’t require uploading your flight logs to the Internet.

Follow these instructions to connect an Android device to your computer with a USB cable that supports files transfer and then start Flight Reader (if not running) or choose FileSync Flight Logs from the menu at the top of the main Flight Reader window (if Flight Reader is already running).
CCCCCCoooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllll Thumbswayup Thumbswayup Thumbswayup

I think you should advertise that feature more prominently. Or am I blind ????

Negative comment,well,law,ban same thing
As per new thread Senate doesn't ban dji drones ,same for all states I dont know so that tells me na not on the same page from outside prospective watching, China dont want your flight info,its useless info ,they can sure have mine ,I couldent care less,,dji should reinstate syncing back to DJIFLY not that I care anymore after trying to help ,sorry for bein alive and definitely wont bother again so have a nice life 👋

Negative comment,well,law,ban same thing
As per new thread Senate doesn't ban dji drones ,same for all states I dont know so that tells me na not on the same page from outside prospective watching, China dont want your flight info,its useless info ,they can sure have mine ,I couldent care less,,dji should reinstate syncing back to DJIFLY not that I care anymore after trying to help ,sorry for bein alive and definitely wont bother again so have a nice life 👋
I'm sure there's a message in there somewhere...

• Haha
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigben123