DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning Message about Flight Altitudeh

dcway

Reactions
I'm having a problem with the tracking function on my Mini 3 drone. After chasing down rabbit holes with DJI Support for several hours, I thought I would come over here to seek some sage advice.

When ever I try to set the tracking function, I get the error message shown on the attached screen shot. The
message is incorrect in that the drone is only about 1m above my launch pad. I suspect the problem is related
to the IMU but the problem persists even after I recalibrate.

Has anyone else seen this warning before or encountered this issue?

Cheers, Dana

Attachments

• SCreen Shot drone.jpg
    SCreen Shot drone.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 72
I'm having a problem with the tracking function on my Mini 3 drone. After chasing down rabbit holes with DJI Support for several hours, I thought I would come over here to seek some sage advice.

When ever I try to set the tracking function, I get the error message shown on the attached screen shot. The
message is incorrect in that the drone is only about 1m above my launch pad. I suspect the problem is related
to the IMU but the problem persists even after I recalibrate.

Has anyone else seen this warning before or encountered this issue?

Cheers, Dana

I'm not surprised that tracking doesn't work for objects one meter away. Are you seeing the same issue with real world tracking situations? (I suspect you are, but just wanted to clarify.)

Is it always the "approaching maximum altitude" message, say for altitudes between 10 feet and 50 feet?

Have you looked at the flight logs and compared the IMU altitude to the VPS altitude when the error occurs? That might provide a clue about the problem.

The drone just happened to be at 1m altitude when I took the screen shot. I've been trying the tracking when the drone is about 5m away and 3m above the launchpad. I will try the tracking again at some higher altitudes.

I'm not sure how to access the flight logs or if that's possible on the DJI MIni 3 Pro.

The drone just happened to be at 1m altitude when I took the screen shot. I've been trying the tracking when the drone is about 5m away and 3m above the launchpad. I will try the tracking again at some higher altitudes.

I'm not sure how to access the flight logs or if that's possible on the DJI MIni 3 Pro.

Here's the complete word on flight logs. People often post them here when there's been a problem and several generous and skilled members help with interpreting them.

Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

You might want to have a look at airdata.com. They offer a free account that lets you upload and view your flight logs. Very helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro