DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warranty and DJI care

maverick 81

Reactions
New member here, I wasn’t aware of DJI care when I purchased my Pro, it’s been over 48 hours. What options do I have now and what am I entitled too as is? Thanks

You'll need to submit a video to DJI to show your Mavic is in working order before they'll let you purchase DJI Care. See more details here.

I would recommend State Farm drone insurance instead of Refresh. You can get a policy for $60 a year with no deductible and you dont need to provide a drone to them if it is lost or stolen.

What state are you in?

Reactions: maverick 81
Hi Maverick 81,

New drone owner in WA as well.. I was at first pretty upset at the salesperson not mentioning to me about the 48-hour window. I bought the drone as a gift for my son - and activated/updated the firmware so that he could go out and enjoy it sooner rather than later. Was very surprised when I learned later that I now can't buy the DJI Refresh.

Having said that.. I've added the drone ( Mavic Pro Platinum ) to my household contents insurance with CGU. They cover 'powered toy aircraft to the value of 2500 for accidental loss or damage as long as it is not used to earn an income'. According to the consultant on the phone.. the drone is covered.. :) I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when I try to claim.. but I think that will be the case with just about every insurer... Haven't heard of any insurer in WA that have a specific drone inclusion policy... but happy to learn otherwise!

Hi Maverick 81,

New drone owner in WA as well.. I was at first pretty upset at the salesperson not mentioning to me about the 48-hour window. I bought the drone as a gift for my son - and activated/updated the firmware so that he could go out and enjoy it sooner rather than later. Was very surprised when I learned later that I now can't buy the DJI Refresh.

Having said that.. I've added the drone ( Mavic Pro Platinum ) to my household contents insurance with CGU. They cover 'powered toy aircraft to the value of 2500 for accidental loss or damage as long as it is not used to earn an income'. According to the consultant on the phone.. the drone is covered.. :) I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens when I try to claim.. but I think that will be the case with just about every insurer... Haven't heard of any insurer in WA that have a specific drone inclusion policy... but happy to learn otherwise!

Thanks for your reply, I was in the same position with the salesman, he never told me unfortunately.

I have since learnt there is a way with DJI refresh after the 48hours but it seems so difficult for a beginner like me.

I will try my insurance tonight as well. Much appreciated

Thanks for your reply, I was in the same position with the salesman, he never told me unfortunately.

I have since learnt there is a way with DJI refresh after the 48hours but it seems so difficult for a beginner like me.

I will try my insurance tonight as well. Much appreciated

I'm with you.. I looked at the process and my only thought was.. HUH !?!? It would be great if the DJI stores could offer a service for novice pilots to take their drones in to be checked.. anyways.. we'll just have to carry on. :)

Safe flying...

Reactions: maverick 81
You'll need to submit a video to DJI to show your Mavic is in working order before they'll let you purchase DJI Care. See more details here.
It is quite easy. The only difficult or just funny part is, when you are chatting with DJI 's team and sometimes it feels like robot's messaging. If you will be careful and persistent, then everything will be fine!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osmunda