DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was looking information about the Lighthouse at Ponce Inlet

I live in Ormond Beach and although I haven't flown in the Ponce Inlet area, I have flown within two miles of the Daytona airport (Class C airspace). They require similar information, but I only needed to call the tower within an hour of the flight (they do prefer a 24-hour notice) and the individual answering the phone was very polite and helpful. I was also given information about how to apply for an area-wide authorization which would allow me to fly within their (DAB) airspace at any day/daytime for a period of six months to a year. I plan on submitting authorization requests to several of the local airports. Try calling the NSB tower, they could probably help as well.

I live in Ormond Beach and although I haven't flown in the Ponce Inlet area, I have flown within two miles of the Daytona airport (Class C airspace). They require similar information, but I only needed to call the tower within an hour of the flight (they do prefer a 24-hour notice) and the individual answering the phone was very polite and helpful. I was also given information about how to apply for an area-wide authorization which would allow me to fly within their (DAB) airspace at any day/daytime for a period of six months to a year. I plan on submitting authorization requests to several of the local airports. Try calling the NSB tower, they could probably help as well.

Thanks for the advice!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom