DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Was threatened to be arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best way to find out what the law is here would be to get arrested for not following their orders. You’ll get your day in court. Is it worth that? Personally I think there are plenty of cell phone vids from protestors. Experienced reporters on ground and in air. If you’re actively coordinating with protestors that might be a serious crime (if it’s after an official curfew anyway). Seems like not such a good idea to me. Be safe.

This has always been my personal policy, "do not argue with someone asking you to do something that has a gun...". Besides, unless you are a credentialed reporter I, for one, would not be poking the cage. Just saying...

Reactions: jagraphics
Was filming a protest today in southern California and had 4 officers say I would be arrested if I didn't land my drone cause they had a police drone (no markings, lights and impossible to differentiate from a consumer one) flying and I was apparently interrupting their surveillance of the protest. Is this legal or has anyone else dealt with this ?
They were nice to tell you to land it. Reference drone regulations for flying over crowds of people at an event.
What's cool is even if you just say okay and land, you have your footage still.

This thread is closed. The OP could have answered his own question by going to the FAA.gov site and accessing their FAQ’s. The authorities don’t even have to have a drone or other aircraft in the air to require you land your drone and not interfere with their operations in an area that has been declared an emergency area or first responder area of operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky