DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Water damage

Malan

Reactions
Hi. My Mavic pro platunim fell into a dam. It was in the water for les than 15 seconds and I manage to get it into the air again out of the water and land it safely. I dride it with a hairdreyer and put it into dri rise for three days. Now when I start it it comes on but the remote controle does not whant to conect with the drone. Please help.

• Sad
Reactions: Prismatic
Hi. My Mavic pro platunim fell into a dam. It was in the water for les than 15 seconds and I manage to get it into the air again out of the water and land it safely. I dride it with a hairdreyer and put it into dri rise for three days. Now when I start it it comes on but the remote controle does not whant to conect with the drone. Please help.
This does not look good at all.

I think you need a reputable drone repair service. I had a good experience using DJI customer service to repair a mission-damaged drone. (Ironically in this context, my drone was choked with dust, not half-drowned!)

I'm sure other referrals will emerge.

Last edited:
This does not look good at all.

I think you need a reputable drone repair service. I had a good experience using DJI customer service to repair a mission-damaged drone. (Ironically in this context, my drone was choked with dust, not half-drowned!)

I'm sure other referrals will emerge.
Re-Pair the remote? Just a guess

If that didnt solve it there is
Is who I would contact. They are a vender here and I use them. They pay shipping there and if you don’t like the quote
they give you they ship it back on all on their dime .
@djidroneservice

Reactions: Rattydude77 and DDS
That’s amazing you got her back out of the drink.

You could try the old trick of immersing the AC in dried rice for 1-2 days. Can’t hurt.

Generally water damage is the kiss of death for electronics. You may be able to get a repair that works, but without replacing every single electronic component - a new drone basically, the reliability of the drone will be greatly reduced. Try getting a tablet or phone fixed under warrantee if the moisture detecter shows contact with water.

Reactions: JAW and DDS
For next time.
Check out dronr-retriever com as they have very good insight into what to do after a water event.
A colleague splashed his drone in ocean after clipping a wave. He followed the advice from that sight and saved his drone.

That’s amazing you got her back out of the drink.

You could try the old trick of immersing the AC in dried rice for 1-2 days. Can’t hurt.

You do not want to ever put electronic devices in rice:

You'd be hard pressed to find any experienced professional in the repair industry that doesn't roll their eyes when they hear the word "rice." We see the sad result of phones/devices that have been carefully placed in the Mahatma bag with fingers crossed.

To all repair professionals out there: please join in sharing some pictures of what a phone/device really looks like inside when we open it up after its romp in the rice. A picture is worth a thousand words. Maybe it will help show folks the reality of the role of rice in water damage.

Hello. Sorry to hear about your MPP. Would like to know if you were able to get your drone fixed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98