DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Way Points : Clarity on whats Possible.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
What I want to be able to do is Save different Flight Shapes , alts and speeds into the Way Point Missions.
Such as a Square , Circle. Triangle and Slalom shapes Preprogrammed ready to go at any place of my choosing .

My question than would be ? Is there a way to bring up those missions and kind of copy them over to a new place on the Map without having to input it in all over again.

Looking for a work around or a hack or magic pixie dust maybe.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain.

2022-05-26_13h23_00.png

Last edited:
What I want to be able to do is Save different Flight Shapes , alts and speeds into the Way Point Missions.
Such as a Square , Circle. Triangle and Slalom shapes Preprogrammed ready to go at any place of my choosing .

My question than would be ? Is there a way to bring up those missions and kind of copy them over to a new place on the Map without having to input it in all over again.

Phantomrain.org
I do not think that's possible with the way waypoints work. They are linked to the coordinates.The flight path is therefore firmly locked/linked to the area on the map where it was created. It is not an independed shape which you can plonk anywhere you want.

Reactions: jephoto
You can create a plan in the shape u want in any location & save it. Then open it and drag the whole plan to the new location. Then Save As.

How do you drag all the way points ?
Im in the map now and I am zoomed out so I can see all of them in 1 dot but how do you drag them over ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

With the current Flyapp application, you can not drag the job to a new place (Coordinates)

Is not like Dronelink or Litchi you can drag the points to a new location updating the coordinates.
There are limitations.

What I am hoping is DJI will give us the ability to open the KMZ file on some hub that we can edit on the computer.

The short answer is not possible yet.

What I will be doing is, using my large Ipad with the apple pen to create my missions and save them as new locations. Copy the kmz file to an sd card and copy the job to the RC Pro and see if I can import the job that way.

Is pure theory but should work.

The apple Pen and Ipad are a great idea, as well as the Theory /
Hope to see a video of how to do this trickery, as its exactly what I was looking for.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water. and Learn some Trickery .

The apple Pen and Ipad are a great idea, as well as the Theory /
Hope to see a video of how to do this trickery, as its exactly what I was looking for.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water. and Learn some Trickery .
Even better, I hope DJI release the SDK so we can use Dronelink or Litchi and not have to reinvent the ball.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 158177
I really don't much about this, but I doubt it because, to my understanding, the waypoints are pre-programed by the pilot based on GPS coordinates, not on shapes.

Dale

The easiest way with Litchi is by using a Flight Planner tool for mapping.
This can be moved.

Check this site.
Mapping/survey grid tool

Utility.

Any idea when you save a mission is it saved in the DJI cloud or is it a file that is saved to your phone someplace? It would interesting to see if it is a file and if it can be read or converted somehow.

Phantomrain.org

View attachment 158177
Apologies, I see you can't select all, (I thought I'd seen a select all). This was a nice feature in Autopilot.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I may get a headache , but I am going to try to syphon the info out of that there video.

Starting with :

DJI FlightHub 2 - requested info Check.​

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Syphon waypoint info like a sponge.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TommyGrimmer
Even better, I hope DJI release the SDK so we can use Dronelink or Litchi and not have to reinvent the ball.
Indeed. DJI is now prioritizing Enterprise SDK's over the Consumer Line SDK's and the Prosumer $3000+ Mavic 3 line is wrongly lumped in with the Consumer Line like the sub $1000 Mini 3 Pro! No current plans to release a Mavic 3 SDK! :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661