DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint take off point.

Ed Henry

Reactions
So, once i set up, run snd save a waypoint mission in Dji go, does it matter where future take of points are, you know, as long as they are within easy range of the mission and are still line if sight??

I think the quad will fly to the first waypoint as long as it is within 500m of the home point.

A forum member tested something similar recently... The one *variable* in this equation is altitude. All of your waypoint altitudes are based on your home point, which for this example is zero. So if you launch again from a hilltop that is 500' above the original home point, all of your waypoints will be 500' higher. I was designing a waypoint mission that had an altitude-critical section, where I flew under a rocky overhang. I was wondering ~if I return to this location in a few months when there is 12+ feet of snow on top of my original launch home point, would all waypoints be 12 feet higher? The answer was, Yes!

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I think the quad will fly to the first waypoint as long as it is within 500m of the home point.
Ya, i didnt think of that but I could make it work by picking the right spot for my first waypoint. I would like to go to the small local lake here, set up a waypoint from the lake parking lot but in the future, run tbe missions from my house which is about 1/2 mile from the parking lot as a crow flies with most of the mission between there and here.

A forum member tested something similar recently... The one *variable* in this equation is altitude. All of your waypoint altitudes are based on your home point, which for this example is zero. So if you launch again from a hilltop that is 500' above the original home point, all of your waypoints will be 500' higher. I was designing a waypoint mission that had an altitude-critical section, where I flew under a rocky overhang. I was wondering ~if I return to this location in a few months when there is 12+ feet of snow on top of my original launch home point, would all waypoints be 12 feet higher? The answer was, Yes!
For me, altitude is not an issue I'd be the same more or less from either take off spot

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat