DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints/Draw Modes?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I read the manuals about Intelligent Flight modes. Anyone here use Waypoints/Draw modes? It I wanted to track a cyclist descending a specific local trail, there are certain spots where there are trees/foliage that would probably interrupt Active Track. The option to fly a prescribe path is also attractive if I wanted multiple takes -perhaps of the same location but editing between forward & rear facing camera. Having a specific course to follow could make that work. Fairly simple explanations in the user guides. Looking for any practical tips here from those with practical experience in these or similar modes.

I don't see any option to input a set of GPS waypoints from another device. Wondering if that's possible? For instance if I pre-rode a track on a bike, would it be possible to feed those waypoints to the controller & fly the course?

Thanks.

Look into one of the alternate waypoint mission apps like Litchi or Dronelink.

Reactions: ZX14-R
Thanks for suggestions. Have you used these reliably? I've been reluctant to try 3rd party apps for reliability concerns.

Litchi has been around for years and is very reliable. Problems are almost always user errors in not understanding what they are commanding or not. Plenty of Youtube tutorials.

Dronelink is a very interesting new kid on the block. It is in Beta testing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman