DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints how to Back-Up Export & Import

You must use a computer or Chromebook.
Files/internal storage/android/data/GoFly 5/waypoints
From there you can access the files.
Like I said in my post, I am using my computer and navigated to the directory "\Internal shared storage\Android\data"

Yesterday there was a folder 'dji.go.v5' in this directory path which had a waypoints folder that I was able to find the .kmz files I needed to edit, and have been happily flight planning and updating my files KMZ files with 3rd party software.

Today I updated to Android 14 which then prompted the DJI Fly app to update to version 1.12.2, the folder 'dji.go.v5' does NOT exist below the folder path "\Internal shared storage\Android\data" anymore! The folder "GoFly 5" also does not exist in this folder path.

It has all move to the root directory under a folder called just called 'DJI' and every folder under 'dji.go.v5' shows as empty.

I have a feeling/fear that this has something do do with Android 14 and some sort of new file security system that DJI is now able to leverage.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Accessing Waypoint & FlightRecords folders on the DJI RC controller.
[By default folders are Not Visible these steps make’s Visible]
Attached is a Video showing these steps

• Power on the DJI RC remote controller.
• Swipe down with your finger from the top of the remote controller screen two times to access the Quick Settings screen.

1) Tap the Preference at the top right corner to access the Settings screen.
2) Tap Storage
3) Tap Internal shared storage.
4) Tap Music & audio.
5) Tap Audio files.
6) Tap the three dots menu icon at the top right and tap Show internal storage.
7) Tap DJI RC near the bottom of the Files list.
8) Navigate to the DJI RC\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\
9) With-in this folder you will now see Waypoint & FlightRecord folders.

=========================================================

This no longer works on the RC 2. With everything updated (as of Oct. 17, 2023: RC controller firmware of 02.000.0000, app version of 1.12.0, aircraft firmware version of 01.00.0600), when I try to do Step 6, "Show Internal Storage" is not an option.

IMG_20231017_142204.jpg

I have a feeling/fear that this has something do do with Android 14 and some sort of new file security system that DJI is now able to leverage.
I have confirmed with some older phones running Android 12 and 13, the instructions at the top of the post still work for updating KMZ files in the DJI Fly app up to version 1.12.3 when I tested 11Nov2023.

But with Android 14, I am currently unable to use the instructions (or a bit of directory sleuthing) to locate the proper location that contains the KMZ files in the DJI Fly app. (again on Android 12 and 13 no issues updating the DJI Fly apps KMZ files).

So these files likely be being moved into some developer identified protected area for files, I tried enabling developer mode on my Pixel 7 phone...but still no luck, but I'm no Android developer.

This no longer works on the RC 2. With everything updated (as of Oct. 17, 2023: RC controller firmware of 02.000.0000, app version of 1.12.0, aircraft firmware version of 01.00.0600), when I try to do Step 6, "Show Internal Storage" is not an option
I fear what you are seeing from the RC2 controller (which I believe runs on Android) and what I am seeing from Android 14 maybe connected.

Hopefully some savvy developers can find a way around these blocks put in by DJI.

Try connecting to a Chromebook or laptop with a USB cable. Then the files show up and you can manipulate them.

Try connecting to a Chromebook or laptop with a USB cable. Then the files show up and you can manipulate them.
Please....please read my replies to this thread. This is NOT my problem....If you *read* my post you would see that with my PC and Android 12&13 I CAN edit these files (and frankly this is the 2nd time you have blindly replied the same thing to my post, which is rather frustrating).

This is a warning to other DJI Fly App users that are using this method to replace KMZ files, do NOT upgrade to Android 14 if you want to continue to use this file replacement method!

Last edited:
Hi,
after the origial method worked for me, even replacing curved paths with straight ones, I now can't open imported kmz files. They just show up as empty in DJI Fly although the thumbnail shows the original waypoints.

Do I need to be connected to the drone for it to work?

I am on Android 13 and Fly version 1.10.1 (to keep the "continue" option being in Europe).

Can I still manually access my saved waypoint missions on DJI RC FW 1.03.1200? The OP method doesn't work.

I can't open my android data directory. I have android 13. It says I have to use a PC.

Screenshot_20240212_184628_My Files.jpg

And it works perfectly, bearing in mind the differences in waypoint definition between the Fly and Litchi as pointed out by DJ Wes. (when flying Litchi with curved waypoints the drone misses the waypoint, when flying the same mission with Fly the drone flies through the waypoint)
I honestly prefer the DJI way. Seems more intuitive to fly the actual waypoints vs. "these two points approximate a curve" 🙂

It is just brilliant to be able to keep/develop my Litchi missions and run them with DJI. Great work!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121