DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints without Hyperlapse with Mavic Air 2 or Mini 3 Pro

Scottalmas

Reactions
I cannot seem to find an answer to this question.

I would like to record a video of a flight using waypoints with my Air 2 or Mini 3 Pro BUT NOT a Hyperlapse. Just a straight up video. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Is this possible?
It is NOT possible, at least at the moment. It is only possible at the moment with DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Classic, DJI Mavic 3 Cine, and Mavic 2 Pro, and some older drones I will not mention.

I and many others are pressuring DJI to add this feature on DJI Forum
Check these threads on DJI Forum:

I highly doubt that DJI will listen, but hopefully they will!!

You can do it with the Air 2 if you use a third party app like Litchi, Dronelink or Maven but it will be virtual sticks so it won't be as smooth as autonomous on board waypoints. The SDK was released for the MA2 so third party apps make it possible.

Reactions: mobilehomer
As @Tufargon said, you can use Litchi. I just checked and it does support Mavic Air 2 and S. For $25 you can't go wrong. Not only will Litchi allow you to fly with waypoints, but it will allow you to create autonomous missions from home on your computer and test them virtually (with Google Earth Pro). Unfortunately for the Mini 3 Pro we will have to wait to see if and when DJI releases the SDK for it so that Litchi can add it to the supported drones list. It took them 18 months to release the SDK for the Mini 2.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J