DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ways to disable GPS function!! Please urgent!!

When they unveiled the Mavic Pro in the video - it was indoors. How'd they get it to fly so stable there? They surely didn't have a good GPS signal then?
I tried flying twice inside. The first time I had good satellite reception near my windows. But as soon as I went away from them - it switched GPS off into Atti. Then things got wacky. It all of a sudden started backing up toward a chair and I had to land it. Haven't flown inside since.

You switched to atti? You are going to tell me how? Untill then I'll assume you switched to sports mode, and yeah I can see things go **** them selfs in that case.

Make sure the room is bright, especially the floor. Once you have P-OPTI then the Mavic will become rock solid for indoor flights.

Thanks. Both times have been at night with just room lights...

You switched to atti? You are going to tell me how? Untill then I'll assume you switched to sports mode, and yeah I can see things go **** them selfs in that case.

I didn't switch to atti. "It switched" (the Mavic) from GPS..

Reactions: Red_Raven
Make sure the room is bright, especially the floor. Once you have P-OPTI then the Mavic will become rock solid for indoor flights.
Yep, also don't go above about 10ft, otherwise it'll loose the VPS and flip to unpredictable ATTI.

Get a credit card IRD slip cover (the ones that are made for one credit card at a time and are thin). Cut the cover so it covers the area under the battery but does not cover the connection for the battery. It should just cover below the battery and not up the sides. Place the battery in over the trimmed cover. Start the drone, and you are GPS free.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters