DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weatherproof Protective Case

Daryl923

Reactions
FYI: I just picked up a case for my Mavic Pro at a fraction of the price from Harbor Freight. With the foam inserts you get to configure where you want to place your drone, batteries
and accessories.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I’ve seen those cases at Harbor Freight for decades now, but have always hesitated at picking apart the foam myself...thinking I’d just ruin it. May I please ask to see pics of the finished product with your Mavic gear inside?

Sometimes it seems many on here don‘t worry about money too much, but if these cases work as well as other forum members have stated, this could be one of the largest money-saving recommendations in this hobby.
  • Harbor Freight XL case — US $54.99 (Pick and Pull foam)
  • GPC Case - US $109 - $129 (laser cut foam for Mavic 2 series)
  • Pelican 1500-series case — US $135 - $180 (Pick N Pluck foam)
  • Nanuk 925 case - $108 - $184 (laser cut foam for Mavic 2 series)
Now maybe we’ll be able to afford some battery skins and pontoon floats! :cool:

Ok Roger that. I’ll post some pics this coming week when I get my MP back from the shop. Pilot error just learning how to fly!

Glad you got your MP back. Great looking case with a decent price. With the money you save, you can fill up the battery slots!

I have perched more than 6 of these cases from Harbor Freight, 3 were for drones. (2 Mavic Pros and a Spark) I think this time I'm going with something different. The pre-cut foam does not stay together. I end up spending more money on RTV to glue it back together. The case itself is great. I found a real good deal on a Pelican case but no foam... If I could get foam, I would cut it myself. An electric meat carving knife works great. So... I'm thing about going with this one for the Mavic Platinum I just picked up. Any comments?

I have the smatree for my mavic 2 and air. Love it! Cheap. Precut. Strong like my pelican cases, granted maybe not as strong but **** close.

I have perched more than 6 of these cases from Harbor Freight, 3 were for drones. (2 Mavic Pros and a Spark) I think this time I'm going with something different. The pre-cut foam does not stay together. I end up spending more money on RTV to glue it back together. The case itself is great. I found a real good deal on a Pelican case but no foam... If I could get foam, I would cut it myself. An electric meat carving knife works great. So... I'm thing about going with this one for the Mavic Platinum I just picked up. Any comments?

Could this be from the cheaper Harbor Freight boxes? I've used the pelican boxes and have found the foam to come out perfectly and evenly....and hold up for quite some time. I'll post some pictures at some point of what I've done.

I have three different Apache cases from HF for a camera, Ronin-S and audio gear. I also have a Pelican case for a Sony EX1R. All the pick and pluck foam seems to come apart in use.

Here's what I did. I got a roll of thin black foam from a craft store. Then, place the top layer of pick and pluck foam from your case upside down on the foam and trace the holes. Then, hot glue the thin foam layer on top. Viola! The pick and pluck foam holds it's shape. I even glue the upper and lower layers of foam together.

Pictured is the Ronin-S case.IMG_6475 2.JPG

I think I paid 25 bucks for a smartree case for my air.Its perfect carrys all my stuff, was precut and drops right into the saddle bag of my bike

Could this be from the cheaper Harbor Freight boxes? I've used the pelican boxes and have found the foam to come out perfectly and evenly....and hold up for quite some time. I'll post some pictures at some point of what I've done.
Yes, they were from Horrible Fright...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne