DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird controlls after phone died

dronerati

Reactions
So I was flying in POI mode when my phone died. First time for me, so I wasn't sure what to do! Luckily the controller works without the phone (phew). But when I tried to bring it back and land it manually the controllers where acting strange.

When I pulled back, nothing happened. So I tried pulling forward and the Mavic went backwards! I even tried rotating the Mavic, thought maybe I had it the wrong way, but still the stick was inverted. Also I couldn't bring it up or down, just towards me.

I had to use RTH to land. What happened? Can't you manually descend after phone dies or unconnects?

I had a similar issue. I was also flying a POI mission when my iPhone died. I paused the mission. Then I tried to return the Mavic for a landing. Controls on the RC controller did not work as usual. I managed to bring the Mavic back to my location by manipulate the controls in reverse. ( or they were out by 90deg or so ) I was able to descend to 5ft above ground but the quad refused to land and began to drift. I tried RTH without any results. It impacted a spruce tree and luckily it stayed caught up in the branches. The only damage was one broken prop. I contacted my Mavic dealer and he suggested that if this issue reoccurs I should switch to sports mode and back to P mode to exit any missions. I would be interested to hear if others have had this issue when flying a mission and the display dies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich