DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird Question

Gumbys69

Reactions
So here’s a weird question, i was out today and focusing in on an object to photograph and it seemed my screen never changed when i got closer or went higher (or lower). I took a few pictures and wanted to move around for different angles but it was always in the same spot on the screen (even though I wasn’t) I could position the gimbal down and the screen would change but the distance and height didn’t make a difference in the view, Its like my screen froze but it didn’t? The height and distance changed on the screen so it was working. I know the explanation doesn’t make a lot of sense, it was really weird. Anyone heard or seen this?

Reactions: Capt KO
So here’s a weird question, i was out today and focusing in on an object to photograph and it seemed my screen never changed when i got closer or went higher (or lower). I took a few pictures and wanted to move around for different angles but it was always in the same spot on the screen (even though I wasn’t) I could position the gimbal down and the screen would change but the distance and height didn’t make a difference in the view, Its like my screen froze but it didn’t? The height and distance changed on the screen so it was working. I know the explanation doesn’t make a lot of sense, it was really weird. Anyone heard or seen this?
Wonder if it could be a loss of reception of the video signal to your FC and screen which caused the screen to lockup. You were still getting data transfer but choppy video feed. Were there possibly any tree branches in the direct LOS or was the mini at distance?

I had a similar video lockup today and determined that since I was only 50m/150ft high and out about 150 meters, that a small tree 50m away had some bare branches that were in direct LOS. I gained some altitude so LOS was now above the tree and the monitor video smoothed right out. I was surprised at how little it took to disrupt the video signal.

Reactions: Gumbys69
Wonder if it could be a loss of reception of the video signal to your FC and screen which caused the screen to lockup. You were still getting data transfer but choppy video feed. Were there possibly any tree branches in the direct LOS or was the mini at distance?

I had a similar video lockup today and determined that since I was only 50m/150ft high and out about 150 meters, that a small tree 50m away had some bare branches that were in direct LOS. I gained some altitude so LOS was now above the tree and the monitor video smoothed right out. I was surprised at how little it took to disrupt the video signal.

There were no trees for miles. It does seem to be a weird one as when i turned around and flew back i could see myself and the area perfectly Including height differences. I‘ll try it again in the same area later this week. Hopefully hit was just a glitch or a bad signal etc. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Capt KO
Sounds like the photos you took were active (in playback mode) . . . the aircraft positioning would overlay the photos and continue to update as the aircraft moved. It's the only explanation I can conjure up. It is weird and a first . . .

If the video transmission jammed (or stuttered), the pics on the SD-Card should show the correct angle. If they also are the same, regardless of the position of the drone, it might be possible that you were flying in a "spotlight" mode (that is what it is called by Mavic Air). If so, regardless of where you move (within limits ofcourse) the drone and gimbal will always keep your fefined object in the middle.
Log would show that.

No such thing as a weird question just weird people asking questions

• Haha
Reactions: Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661