DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird takeoff situation today.

Mavicrebel123

Reactions
So, today I went to takeoff and the only clean spot around was in a little depression where an old stump used to be about 48 inches in diameter. Everything started up OK but when I took off it was giving me a collusion alert and I heard on my phone “Atti Mode”. Then it took off and went about 10 or 12 feet up but started drifting around, of course I know what Addie mode is from it using the NAZA controller for so many years but I have never seen anyone talking about it for the Mavic air two. Besides, Atti still maintains altitude with no input required. Shortly after that I attempted to take it off again from another location and it went up about a foot and a half and then started drifting across the ground and went about 10 or 12 feet before I dropped it into some grass to keep it from going any further.
Any ideas?

@Mavicrebel123 ,you took off before you had a good GPS lock ,the fact it was in a depression ,didnt help either

Reactions: maggior
didn't you also have a message about vision systems unavailable? in addition to no GPS lock.
as far as I recall for ATTI (it) is no GPS and no Vision Systems

Reactions: Yaros
Thanks for the pointers. Right the flight log. I will see if I can interpret it. No warnings about lack of whatever, at least not audible. It was so bright outside I couldn’t reall see the screen from the takeoff point. By depression I mean a 2” difference in ground level at 48”. GPS puck is in the top front. Enough though apparently to cause an alert.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan