DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome Image Gets A Bit Annoying

Bobby Buttonwood

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is probably just a senior gripe but I really like the site and use it quite a bit. It has some really good information and a great group of members.

Is it necessary to show the family photo requesting your email every time I log in. I am a member and have no reason to see this screen. It would seem an 'easy' fix to check if member login as opposed to non member and block the image popping up if member.

So, is this just me? If so I will shut up and never bring it up again.

Thank you all,
Bob

Not sure what your saying sorry. Do you stay logged in or do you log out when you get back on. Not really sure what your saying 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
This is probably just a senior gripe but I really like the site and use it quite a bit. It has some really good information and a great group of members.

Is it necessary to show the family photo requesting your email every time I log in. I am a member and have no reason to see this screen. It would seem an 'easy' fix to check if member login as opposed to non member and block the image popping up if member.

Thank you all,
Bob
What URL are you using? Try https:/mavicpilots.com and see if you get the same result.

A screen shot of what you're seeing would be helpful.

When you're logging in, look for a checkbox labeled "Stay logged in" and try checking that.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
The only dialog box you'll see on this forum requesting email and password looks like below. As mentioned make sure to check the box to 'Stay Logged In' . Sounds like the OP is getting perhaps a popup from his own browser?

Popper.jpg

The only dialog box you'll see on this forum requesting email and password looks like below. As mentioned make sure to check the box to 'Stay Logged In' . Sounds like the OP is getting perhaps a popup from his own browser?

View attachment 152227
I really don’t know. I stay logged in all our forums all the time so
never see that. I just move from one forum to the other being in 12.
I never log out. If that didn’t work I would message a Admin but bet that’s it.

I really don’t know. I stay logged in all our forums all the time so
never see that. I just move from one forum to the other being in 12.
I never log out. If that didn’t work I would message a Admin but bet that’s it.
I stay logged in all the time too, I wasn't sure what the forum sign in box looked like so I logged out to see and get a screen shot.

He mentions a 'Family Photo' requesting log in so I am just guessing it must be on his end and not this forum.

I stay logged in all the time too, I wasn't sure what the forum sign in box looked like so I logged out to see and get a screen shot.

He mentions a 'Family Photo' requesting log in so I am just guessing it must be on his end and not this forum.
Must be it has never asked for a family photo. And I’ve been a member of all our forums for 7 years. Strange.

Thank you all,
Bob
It is actually the popover for the newsletter. It is designed to display once per 30 days. If you have cookies turned off then it may show more frequently. Message me if you need more info or having issues with it.

I'll see if I can bypass it for premium members as well....

I see the same thing. It pops up every few minutes. Often appears when I switch between tabs within the site, but also sometimes when I'm in the middle of typing a reply.

My browser preferences are set to allow cookies from sites I visit. I have an extension that deletes cookies when I quit the browser, so I have to log in each time and I kinda expect the popup then, but I agree it is annoying to repeatedly have to dismiss it.

First world problem, admittedly.

I see the same thing. It pops up every few minutes. Often appears when I switch between tabs within the site, but also sometimes when I'm in the middle of typing a reply.

My browser preferences are set to allow cookies from sites I visit. I have an extension that deletes cookies when I quit the browser, so I have to log in each time and I kinda expect the popup then, but I agree it is annoying to repeatedly have to dismiss it.

First world problem, admittedly.
Yes, I can see how that would be annoying, which is why we only show it once every 30 days, assuming cookies are turned on and not deleted That popover is pretty critical for newsletter signups to drive users back to the site and continue to build community. I'll see if I can find another option. Maybe only show it for visitors who don't create an account.

Reactions: Gagey52
I can see how that would be annoying, which is why we only show it once every 30 days, assuming cookies are turned on and not deleted
Except that's not what happens. I go to the site and log in. I usually check the threads I'm watching. As I'm doing that the popup keeps popping up with every new thread. I keep dismissing it. Sometimes it appears as I'm typing a reply stops me doing that until I dismiss it. Like happened just now! I switched focus to an image I was processing in Color Efex, and when I came back to the browser I had to dismiss the popup before I could keep typing this reply.

As I said, I delete cookies when I close the browser, but while I'm using it cookies aren't deleted. Yet the popup keeps popping up. I see that MavicPilots is storing cookies, cache and local storage right now. No idea how to send that it you (using Safari on a Mac), or even if it would help if I did.

It's an annoyance not a problem. But clearly it's not behaving as it is supposed to if I have to dismiss it multiple times per browser session (when cookies are not deleted).

On my iPad and iPhone, while I do have the "stay logged in" checkbox checked, I too get the family photo pop-up. And yeah- its annoying. I don't get it on my computer. Mobile devices often don't recognize the nuances of "stay logged in" even though when I get to the website I am still logged in. There's a problem with the programming.

I am always logged in and accept cooking and never get the popups. If I do PC maintenance and clear my history and cache then I have to log back into the site and everything is normal again.

This is one site where I get very few if any popups and the stay logged in really works consistently.

It is actually the popover for the newsletter. It is designed to display once per 30 days. If you have cookies turned off then it may show more frequently. Message me if you need more info or having issues with it.

I'll see if I can bypass it for premium members as well....
Please do!
Thanks!

I get it on the Autel Pilots site when go to close a window. It seems random though, for a while, it was doing it every time but lately I haven't seen it once I clicked the "X" at the top of the box to close that window. I don't recall seeing it here though.

EDCA551C-4A76-48B0-886A-7E85D4347AD6.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer