DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Well, finally pushed the button

Herbie D

Reactions
Well, after much delay and procrastination, I finally got the fly more bundle for the Mavic Air 2.

I have had the Mavic Air from the start and a Phantom 4 Pro before that (both of which I still have).

Must say, very very impressed with the new drone. It helps to have a comparison and some experience under my belt.

Never flown any of the other Mavic's but I'd recommend the MA2.

Happy flying.

Congrats and enjoy.

Congratulations, keep us informed as to how it performs for you. I am really considering ordering one myself

Being a “Newbie” I’d be interested in your feedback on the MA2 versus your other drones after you fly it for awhile!

Well, after much delay and procrastination, I finally got the fly more bundle for the Mavic Air 2.

I have had the Mavic Air from the start and a Phantom 4 Pro before that (both of which I still have).

Must say, very very impressed with the new drone. It helps to have a comparison and some experience under my belt.

Happy flying.

I would like to hear more after you get used it.

Had the Yuneec typhoon liked it a lot sold it for the MA2.
Less space on the boat lol
So far I like it a lot.
Mostly the ocusync strength and range

Welcome

Congratulations, keep us informed as to how it performs for you. I am really considering ordering one myself
I have never flown a drone before and would highly recommended the air 2 combo. It responds instantly and the return to home feature has allowed me to make small errors and still have total control. I have sensory and direction issues but this is so easy to control even for me.

I have never flown a drone before and would highly recommended the air 2 combo. It responds instantly and the return to home feature has allowed me to make small errors and still have total control. I have sensory and direction issues but this is so easy to control even for me.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Reactions: Oldhollowman

Happy flying.

Huge Congrats. I received my MA2 yesterday and it’s amazing fir the price. I’ve only had a $200ish Chinese toy drone before this (I know DJI is Chinese too) and a super small nano drone. That’s been a few years I enjoyed both of them very much and after rediscovering some drone videos I started looking and within 2 weeks had a MA2 Fly More Combo in my hands. I was very undecided between the Mini 2, Fimi X8 SE 2020, Hubsan Zino 2+, and a few others in the $400-600 range. After seeing reviews and really thinking about it I had changed my mind to spend $1000 and just get the MA2 Fly More and even though I’ve only flown it one for about 20 minutes today I’m 100% certain I made the right choice.

I was lucky enough to have friends who had DJI products when I first started so I avoided the cheap drones. If I flew one now it would just irritate me.
I had an issue flying over my mums house a couple if days ago. Then I realised that half her property was in an airport zone. Have flown over her house many times (checking her roof for leaks) and always shielded which is allowed. Will have to look at how to unlock it to do what I can do under the 101 rules.

Flies beautifully and quieter than the MA. Very impressed with the photo quality. Seems to be less stable but still haven’t really flown it enough to test that theory out properly. The footage is rock solid though.
The main difference, and one that caught me out, was the difference between the DJI Go 4 and the DJI Fly apps. I flew over my mums house, which I had done legally before (shielded operation) inside the airport boundary. Apart from a warning it was all good. With the DJI Fly it wouldn’t let me fly without an unlock code, even though the planned flight was legal. Will have to do more investigation on that one. Otherwise would highly recommend.

I regularly let family, friends and even strangers use it, it’s that easy. Anything I can do to remove misconceptions that are out there. Return to home and object avoidance have saved my bacon numerous times.

Reactions: Oldhollowman
I would like to hear more after you get used it.

Had the Yuneec typhoon liked it a lot sold it for the MA2.
Less space on the boat lol
So far I like it a lot.
Mostly the ocusync strength and range

Welcome
The range is brilliant, very impressed with that over the MA. The whole drone just seems to be a step up from the MA which is to be expected.
I have a Phantom 4 Pro as well and the size is it's only downfall. I can sling the MA2 over my shoulder and go. Have taken it tramping and hunting and the extra weight is worth it.
Love the fact the battery is on the top as well and I don’t seem to have the compass calibration issues I had with the MA each time I wanted to fly it.
I’m looking for some strobes for it now and a water proof case.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku