DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

West Chester, PA

I though you can't fly in PA State Parks?
I don't think there is a blanket rule like for national parks. I read through the Marsh Creek regulations and didn't see anything prohibiting UAVs specifically, nor anything that could be interpreted as prohibiting them. I haven't talked to any rangers there, but I did talk to the guy that works at the boat rental. He says that the rangers rarely patrol the park. The Milford Rd entrance is not used much and there are some nice fields for flying.

I don't think there is a blanket rule like for national parks. I read through the Marsh Creek regulations and didn't see anything prohibiting UAVs specifically, nor anything that could be interpreted as prohibiting them. I haven't talked to any rangers there, but I did talk to the guy that works at the boat rental. He says that the rangers rarely patrol the park. The Milford Rd entrance is not used much and there are some nice fields for flying.
Those fields are also used for grazing horses, Careful that you don't spook 'em.

I fly the Milford entrance occasionally. The rear boat ramp is very open also.

Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and Drones Use

In an effort to balance public safety, privacy concerns, view-shed and sound-shed protection, and FAA rules and regulations with the popular recreational use of drones or other types of unmanned aerial systems (UAS), the Bureau of State Parks recently implemented a new management policy.

The bureau permits drone and other UAS use at six designated flying sites within the following state parks.

Beltzville State Park

Benjamin Rush State Park

Hillman State Park

Lackawanna State Park

Prompton State Park

Tuscarora State Park

Drone and UAS operators need to contact the park office of the flying site that they plan to visit to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations. Please be advised that the entire park at each of these locations is not open to UAS or drone usage. Only the designated flying site within each park is open to UAS use.

The use of drones or other UAS is restricted at all other Bureau of State park locations.

In an effort to balance public safety, privacy concerns, view-shed and sound-shed protection, and FAA rules and regulations with the popular recreational use of drones or other types of unmanned aerial systems (UAS), the Bureau of State Parks recently implemented a new management policy.

The bureau permits drone and other UAS use at six designated flying sites within the following state parks.

Beltzville State Park

Benjamin Rush State Park

Hillman State Park

Lackawanna State Park

Prompton State Park

Tuscarora State Park

Drone and UAS operators need to contact the park office of the flying site that they plan to visit to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations. Please be advised that the entire park at each of these locations is not open to UAS or drone usage. Only the designated flying site within each park is open to UAS use.

The use of drones or other UAS is restricted at all other Bureau of State park locations.
Thank you, Drone Police. I guess I will have to stop flying my drone at Marsh Creek now. But it's good to know that it is perfectly legal and safe to take my loaded shotgun there and blast the place up, without having to worry about a drone falling on my head.

Last edited:
No Drone Police here. Someone I know that has a drone said you can't so I was just verifying. I wonder if you take off from out side the park if it is OK.

Beltzville State Park

Benjamin Rush State Park

Hillman State Park

Lackawanna State Park

Prompton State Park

Tuscarora State Park

Fun..I finally got mine this past Friday and looking around for places to fly. I'm in Avondale (close to Kennett Square). I thought one of the State Parks would be great but these are no where near me. Nice park nearby with no people but has a helipad near for a small regional hospital.

The search continues for a nice open space. Anyone have recommendations here? Exton is a bit far to go for me.

Hi there. I am in Paoli, and looking for other local drone fanciers to meet up; as well as good ideas for locations for flying - all the nice green spaces I have investigated seem to ban drones...
Hey I live in west Chester pa I fly anywhere there is enough room I have found that a lot of passerbys stop to watch have even had groups stop to watch eventually they don't listen and they don't respect that you need space to land had a kid run up to my drone and try to pick it up while it was landing boy he got ****** up blood everywhere! No where is safe except a remote location in the middle of nowhere haven't flown my drone in five months scared I guess

Fun..I finally got mine this past Friday and looking around for places to fly. I'm in Avondale (close to Kennett Square). I thought one of the State Parks would be great but these are no where near me. Nice park nearby with no people but has a helipad near for a small regional hospital.

The search continues for a nice open space. Anyone have recommendations here? Exton is a bit far to go for me.
I found a farmer who allows me and my buddies to use his land to fly he only asked that we check the state of his fences for him no problem we replied trade hobby footage from go pro for flight time! Safe harmless fun so stop and ask a farmer near you should be plenty of them in Avondale

Reactions: atlasx2001
Im familiar with where church farm school is located but have not been up in that area for quite some time. Where in Exton Park are people flying? More specifically, which side of 30 is the Park where everyone is flying? Landmark's to look for? I would like to head up there when this weather clears.
EDIT..
I just arrived at Exton Park. I'm assuming many of you familiar have parked in the larger lot by the small playground. (?). Looks like a good open area. I'm going to give it a go.
Access to the Park is from Swedesford Rd. Eastof Ship Rd.

I had a good time today flying at Marsh Creek park. The Milford Rd. entrance has several large fields leading down to the lake and it was almost completely deserted.
Hi, I tried to fly in Marsh Creek. I check with rangers before I fly, they said I can’t fly inside the park :(

I live in Downingtown next to Marsh Creek State Park. Looking for places to fly in the area.
Hello, I do think the Exton Park is the safest place to fly. I checked with ranger and he said don’t fly across the county line and everything else is Okay. I also called all the phone numbers of the listed airport within 5 miles, they also had no problem.

Reactions: Opabob
Marsh Creek is a state park which means is a NFZ. There are some state parks that allow drones but you need to be a member of AMA. If you find any regular public park with a big open field is enough to fly without issues.

Reactions: zhaoyuac09
Most of these posts are over a year old but any of you folks in the King of Prussia area want to meet up then hit me up. Me and my Mavic Air are dying to get out.

Most of these posts are over a year old but any of you folks in the King of Prussia area want to meet up then hit me up. Me and my Mavic Air are dying to get out.
I am in Schwenksville area and I fly almost every day! If you are free I'm actually out looking for it at the moment

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1