DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Whalehead Club and Currituck Lighthouse, Corolla, NC

macfawlty

Reactions
Here’s a couple clips of the Whalehead Club, a historic hunting lodge from the turn of the century. This is part of the Historic Corolla Village in Corolla, NC in the Northern Beaches of the Outer Banks. It’s a wonderful place to visit with a variety of historic buildings including a church, library, garden house and shops. There’s also a Wildlife Education Center/museum. Currently under construction is a Maritime Museum I’m anxious to visit when it’s completed.

this sunset clip is over the Currituck Sound at Pine Island, also in the Corolla area just North of Duck.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Here’s a couple clips of the Whalehead Club, a historic hunting lodge from the turn of the century. This is part of the Historic Corolla Village in Corolla, NC in the Northern Beaches of the Outer Banks. It’s a wonderful place to visit with a variety of historic buildings including a church, library, garden house and shops. There’s also a Wildlife Education Center/museum. Currently under construction is a Maritime Museum I’m anxious to visit when it’s completed.

this sunset clip is over the Currituck Sound at Pine Island, also in the Corolla area just North of Duck.

Love Hatteras / OBX and Currituck / Corolla / Carova 4x4.

I did not drone the club, but did drone the lighthouse, as it was closed last Oct nd could not climb to the light. Love droning the lighthouses on Hatteras, but since 2 are NP's - you have to fly in to drone them - which is doable and keep VLOS as well. Same for tiny lighthouse on Ocracoke Island.

Nice flying. Now put it altogether in an edited video with music and you've got something.

Nice flying. Now put it altogether in an edited video with music and you've got something.
I shot sooo much of the sound, beach, Currituck Lighthouse, Whalehead Club and the beach the last 2 trips. I'd rather post a few clips than waste people's time viewing long edits.

I shot sooo much of the sound, beach, Currituck Lighthouse, Whalehead Club and the beach the last 2 trips. I'd rather post a few clips than waste people's time viewing long edits.
That's why it's called "editing." You shot good stuff now just give us some highlights put to music and that is entertaining.

That's why it's called "editing." You shot good stuff now just give us some highlights put to music and that is entertaining.
Perhaps this winter I’ll begin editing/publishing the 4 year backlog of drone footage from many travel destinations.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+