DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s the best video editing software

Reactions
I am new to this and want to know what the best video editing software for drone footage with all the best features form you guys experience, thank for any advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexlm and John R
You can find a list of commonly used video editors here. Check out the videos on YouTube for help with the video editor of your choice.

Also interested to hear this. Been looking at Cyberlink Powerdirector (?) and Adobe Premiere pro. Don't want to spend a ton on this, as I won't be devoting too much to it. Drones, Harley's, camping, and web design... I don't need more distraction !! :)

Reactions: 2Fly4Fun
I am new to this and want to know what the best video editing software for drone footage with all the best features form you guys experience, thank for any advice.

Dang that’s a sweet list @msinger. I’m gonna answer the question a different way but I like it.

As to which video editor is best is a really hard and really subjective question. The main questions you will want to ask yourself first are:

What kind of computer do you have? Mac or PC? Video editing (especially 4K) takes a ton of computer power and if you don’t have it you’ll want to look at programs that require less. Also, if you have a Mac for example iMovie comes preinstalled or is a free download which is an unbelievably awesome free program. However no iMovie for PC.

2) Do I want a professional application that I am going to have to spend a large amount of time to learn how to use but is able to make production quality edits and effects. Or do I want something simple and intuitive that doesn’t give me TOO many options.

3) Do I care if it costs something? What if it costs a lot?

In my humble opinion iMovie is far and above the best free/easy and intuitive option. iMovie is basically a “lite” version of its big brother Final Cut Pro. It uses the same processing engine and is capable of quality as good as the rest but it won’t give you much in terms of fine tuning or effects. There’s only one way to do each thing it will do and that can be a blessing or a curse.

In terms of Professional quality editors I have them all and there are certain things I like about each of them and things I can’t stand. I really think it comes down to preference.

Premier Pro: The most popular one by far is Adobe Premier Pro. It is part of Adobe Creative Cloud which is $50 per month but you get all kinds of crazy cool professional programs. You could spend your entire life studying the programs that come with this package and I gurantee you won’t learn everything. No way to outgrow. Importantly it also comes with Adobe After Effects. This is like Photoshop for Video and it is personally my favorite tool for video. You wouldn’t “edit” in After Effects but you can do color grading, special effects, and 3D rendering.

The next interesting one is Blackmagic Resolve. It is a powerful professional editor and effects platform all in one and is totally free. There’s a paid version but it almost doesn’t make sense because 99% is free and the last 1% costs $400? You don’t need that last 1%. The reason this one isn’t at the top of my list is because I personally think it takes Resolve 10x longer to do something than any other tool. Maybe I just need to learn it more myself but it is just slooow.

What I do personally is use Final Cut Pro as my editor and then do color and effects in After Effects. It would be more efficient to use Premier Pro and After Effects but I happen to think Premier Pro is overly complicated. I just want easy until I’m ready to refine then at that point I’m good with the “refiner” being complex.

Ultimately you might have to try a few of them to figure out what feels intuitive to you.

I attached a short clip I cut together using Final Cut Pro but did all the coloring and effects in After Effects

Reactions: FlyingIrishman
Hello,
I understand your situation and as you are new I would recommend that you go for a free software which should fulfill your needs. I would personally recommend Openshot or Shotcut. These are loaded with tons of features andeasy to learn. Later if you decide for a professional grade software you can buy Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas Pro.
Source: Top 15 Best Video Editing Software in 2018 (Free and Paid) | Beebom

Hi! Try to use Beecut in editing any types of video that you have. It might help you a lot.

Ahoy! I'm using Pinnacle Studio. Super easy for beginners. Took a five minutes to understand how it works

Reactions: GrigoriosT
As for me, I use Joyoshare Media Cutter to cut and edit my videos or audios. Easy to use and very suitable for newbies.

I'm using Power Director since version 7, first mostly only for gaming videos but now also for drone footage. It might be not on par with Adobe Premiere or Final Cut but it comes pretty close, especial if you have the 365 version with Color Director included (awesome for grading) and it costs less than half of what Adobe is charging you. Final Cut would've been my first choice though but I don't have a Mac :\

For me, I think the best video editing software is the Media Converter Mac program designed by DRmare team. This tool can convert any videos to any formats with lossless quality. And you can edit the videos as you like and save them to your computer. Then you can stream them to other devices for watching.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev