DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s up with all the drone haters???

I hate to keep messaging on this subject. But you guys are really sending some great messages text message keep up the good work!

self policing is best.
as much as i hate to say it.
is it requires snitching on a bad pilot.
send in reports to the faa.
i know it goes agenst my grain, but look at the ham radio sport. the fcc goes easy on the rules ( can even have a anetenna in a cc&r housing tract), be cause they self police.

Am I the only one amused a little by the people who are paranoid about drones spying and recording their lives? I would be guilty of boring someone to death if they had to record the interesting parts of my life. I mistakenly believe I am average I guess.
And these same people who think drones are spying on them probably aren't even aware of how many times a day they're picked up on CCTV

Reactions: Jerry
a number of citys in the USA they can follow you just about anywhere. with facial programs, they know who you are. thus everything about you, your family, friends, clubs, political party, your Dr, etc.

People nowadays have been made so afraid of their privacy and who is spying on them where they’re coming from to spy on them paranoia is totally out of control. Just like being politically correct, paranoia, paranoia, paranoia. They need to get over themselves get on with their lives leave us alone. If someone is acting inappropriately out there with their drone it will catch up with them eventually .Who knows how maybe they will crash their drones or lose their drones. And experienced pilots a Who knows how maybe they will crash their ground or lose their drone or their neighbor will shoot it out of the sky. I don’t know I can only get better if we make it get better, it rests on our backs we are our own representatives. So let us not forget that when we fly.

Test pilot,,, over and out!
One of my friends launched out at me with "If I see that over my place, I'll shoot it down!" ... She thought my Drone invaded her privacy (even though I'd never fly it over her home in a million years!). I asked her what she thought of about being videoed at every road intersection on the motorway, at every service station, as she walked along the high street, entered every shop, every supermarket, and had facial recognition scans in every underground station in London ... Strangely, she didn't seem to be worried about that.

I think it's a matter of perceived intent.
She may well perceive the omnipresent land based cameras as belonging to legitimate concerns yet think anyone who flys his aerial camera around the place for personal reasons is likely some sort of pervert or crook

Ask her (or maybe not) :oops:

I think it's a matter of perceived intent.
She may well perceive the omnipresent land based cameras as belonging to legitimate concerns yet think anyone who flys his aerial camera around the place for personal reasons is likely some sort of pervert or crook

Ask her (or maybe not) :oops:
In all reality..... she’s too skanky to photograph anyway. Prolly got warts on that old ugly ***

Reactions: Test pilot
it is weird peps are willing to give up so much to the government, but if a “person” has/does it then that person is a freak.

i am proudly a charter member of the freak society.

People nowadays have been made so afraid of their privacy and who is spying on them where they’re coming from to spy on them paranoia is totally out of control. Just like being politically correct, paranoia, paranoia, paranoia. They need to get over themselves get on with their lives leave us alone. If someone is acting inappropriately out there with their drone it will catch up with them eventually .Who knows how maybe they will crash their drones or lose their drones. And experienced pilots a Who knows how maybe they will crash their ground or lose their drone or their neighbor will shoot it out of the sky. I don’t know I can only get better if we make it get better, it rests on our backs we are our own representatives. So let us not forget that when we fly.

Test pilot,,, over and out!
I don't know what it's like in the U.S. But here in the UK, we live in a CCTV society. There's CCTV on just about every street corner and in just about every shop. Add to that car dash cams that are videoing your number plate and people just about everywhere taking pictures with their mobile phones. When you take all that into account, we've got bigger privacy issues than drones to think about. And as to the media giving drone flyers a hard time. I find it slightly hypocritical that the media themselves have not been beyond using a drone themselves to get that vital celebrity photo at a secret location. Or indeed airports, many of which actually use professional UAS operators to inspect airport infrastructure.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Many of these folks afraid of being spied upon have elaborate Facebook and Twitter accounts details their daily life activities. Who needs a drone to spy on them. :)

I don't know what it's like in the U.S. But here in the UK, we live in a CCTV society. There's CCTV on just about every street corner and in just about every shop. Add to that car dash cams that are videoing your number plate and people just about everywhere taking pictures with their mobile phones. When you take all that into account, we've got bigger privacy issues than drones to think about. And as to the media giving drone flyers a hard time. I find it slightly hypocritical that the media themselves have not been beyond using a drone themselves to get that vital celebrity photo at a secret location. Or indeed airports, many of which actually use professional UAS operators to inspect airport infrastructure.

Very Good points, the current drone phobia really doesn't make sense when put against the abundance of other surveillance cameras in our society.
But it's all about perception and society is not exactly
full of balanced perceptions these days, tolerance is diminishing and views are polarising. It will take a big change in humanity to reverse this, we need to start considering each other and not just looking out for number one

What’s up with all the drone haters it’s a pretty cool hobby we’re not gonna hurt anybody we’re just having fun!

Test pilot,,, over and out! Test pilot,,, over and out! Glad I bought this thing!

Really have you read the posts on these sites. Thank God most of the general public doesn't read them or they would ban every drone and lock us all up.

Really have you read the posts on these sites. Thank God most of the general public doesn't read them or they would ban every drone and lock us all up.

At least it's not the kind of irresponsible rubbish posted on other threads promoting illegal flying activity or dodgy software that disables the NFZ feature.

I agree with @Test pilot - there are a lot of great messages posted on this thread. The overall public perception I believe would be positive - they may realise a thing or two about themselves but that's a good thing.

We should be doing as much as possible to educate our community around us. In some cases, even law enforcement is confused about what the rules and laws are. Senior groups love to attend education meetings. It certainly would not be harmful to try anyway.

Reactions: deleted member 877
yep, we are being watched on the street, in the store, on our phone and PC, get used to it. it aint something new..
not enough sentences dont read!!

A good way to avoid problems is to get a cheap reflective safety vest from Walmart, then you look like a "professional" maybe more conspicuous but no one will bother you.

i hear you all

ALL the time...long time friend...yea,but i don't anybody peeking in my bedroom..he lives in a high rise...i responded...I would be one seriously talented Flyer if i could maneuver a NOISY drone...a hundred feet or more to get near your wife in the bedroom...people walking along the walkway...steadying the drone as it roars anywhere near your Bedroom...They just don't get it...it is like everyone is on AUTO...Yea,Drones..Yea...bad..shouldn't be allowed..invasion of privacy... STUPID ***..Dumb Dumb

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi