DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What’s up with all the drone haters???

In my opinion drones have received a bad rap due to media, TV, movies, and commercials painting them as evil things that will hunt you down, or spy on you, or do something else bad. I’ve actually started referring to my Mavic 2 as just a quadcopter and I get less eyerolls and funny looks. Of course, it doesn’t help that a few folks will fly them around forest fires, airports, White House, etc and really add to the bad image.

its all because of great video and photography improvements. so one can see the string holding up that ufo. or see how nessie was floating not swiming.
peps got to hate. get into others lives, or just poke a stick into the face if that hungry lion.
like many other hobbys, hating drones and there pilots is just another step in control of the masses.
it is, but not ment to be political. just look at all the other hobbys that are heavely controlled if not outright banned.

I understand the haters' perspective, because if you think about it most the only time the general public hear about drones is when somebody is being a twat with one e.g. at an airport. The only press that drones are getting is bad press. For somebody who doesn't know anything about drones, how/when they're used and what benefits they bring, I can understand how one might see them as dangerous or a threat. You can blame the ******* media for demonising them.

It might make a difference if we as a group ensured we all follow a decent code of conduct - Even to the extent of somehow doing our own policing of errant flyers - like naming and banning them from forums etc.

Also would improve our image if we used our aerial "camera's" in a more useful way - like voluntary shark spotting or searching for lost animals. Generally keep clear of those flights that annoy the haters!
Worth thinking along these lines any how...

I'd like to think we'd ban those kind of pilots anyway, though I did see somebody post footage recently of a racing drone flying in/out/around a moving train, for me personally I think sharing that kind of footage should be banned.

It's a good idea though, don't know what help I'd be with my drone in my area but I'd obviously offer it up if there was a need such as looking for missing animals/people or anything else that would benefit a bird's-eye view. I'm a little limited as I'm not yet PfCO certified, I'm holding off on the course until everything calms down, I don't want to fork out £1,000+ only to then be faced with such strict legislation that I basically can't fly anywhere.

Reactions: mereflyer
No wonder why so many haters, went to Iceland recently. Lot of "no drones" signs around touristic places and people still flying their drones...

Reactions: Dine and BC Pete
In my opinion drones have received a bad rap due to media, TV, movies, and commercials painting them as evil things that will hunt you down, or spy on you, or do something else bad. I’ve actually started referring to my Mavic 2 as just a quadcopter and I get less eyerolls and funny looks. Of course, it doesn’t help that a few folks will fly them around forest fires, airports, White House, etc and really add to the bad image.
Well, there are tons of stupid operators driving the problem.

Reactions: lawmann and Dine
I hear all of you..i still have not told an old friend of mine that i bought my MP...he is an older guy who is cantankerous and hates all new Tech stuff and most everything
I can hear him...

WHAT ? You gotta f'n drone ? I hate those f'n things

WHY would you spend good $ on a P.O.S like that ?

I don't know where the bad rap comes from...who cares ? as long as you fly carefully and do it safely why would anyone give a F ?

Screw em all....uneducated, set in their ways..suspicious of anything NEW

Smooth happy safe sailing to all

Martin... NYC

It a very cool hobby. Some people just don't educate themselves to new ways,and are scared of changing, Technology is here embrace it learn be happy. im responsible ,your responsible so do your thing right! I wish.anyway simper fi bra.
I was a baby in that picture. Thank you for your response. Semper Fi!

Reactions: Horace G Hill Sr
I hear all of you..i still have not told an old friend of mine that i bought my MP...he is an older guy who is cantankerous and hates all new Tech stuff and most everything
I can hear him...

WHAT ? You gotta f'n drone ? I hate those f'n things

WHY would you spend good $ on a P.O.S like that ?

I don't know where the bad rap comes from...who cares ? as long as you fly carefully and do it safely why would anyone give a F ?

Screw em all....uneducated, set in their ways..suspicious of anything NEW

Smooth happy safe sailing to all

Martin... NYC
Rock on brother!

Reactions: swings16
Am I the only one amused a little by the people who are paranoid about drones spying and recording their lives? I would be guilty of boring someone to death if they had to record the interesting parts of my life. I mistakenly believe I am average I guess.

Look at all the movies being made now days for television and video. The drone use is so prevalent I think they’ll be doing without the cameraman soon.

Test pilot,,, over and out!! Great responses my friends!

People nowadays have been made so afraid of their privacy and who is spying on them where they’re coming from to spy on them paranoia is totally out of control. Just like being politically correct, paranoia, paranoia, paranoia. They need to get over themselves get on with their lives leave us alone. If someone is acting inappropriately out there with their drone it will catch up with them eventually .Who knows how maybe they will crash their drones or lose their drones. And experienced pilots a Who knows how maybe they will crash their ground or lose their drone or their neighbor will shoot it out of the sky. I don’t know I can only get better if we make it get better, it rests on our backs we are our own representatives. So let us not forget that when we fly.

Test pilot,,, over and out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe