DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What a jerk, I feel sorry for the pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Tesla that ran the light, or exploded in flames ?
That was definitely a fuel (petrol, benzine) type fire.

I'd be surprised if a Tesla did run a light like that, at least in autonomous mode the systems are very good at picking up anything going on around them, vehicles, people, animals in front, traffic lights in more advanced modes.

I played it back 1/4 speed, no Tesla involved, or electric car I could recognise.
It looks like it exploded the car it ran into. Most gas cans are in the back and they hit it just right. Wouldn't have survived from either direction in that spot.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I just finished reading the article. He shot at the drone with an air rifle. It caused some minor damage to one of the prop arms. My biggest concern? If the battery compartment is hit or if the battery is damaged enough during the crash, a fire could easily result. This drone was flying over a forest. The shooter could have caused a major forest fire with extensive property damage and loss of human life. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OUR CAR MANUFACTURERES ARE MANDATED TO PRODUCE A SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE OF LITHIUM BATTERY POWERED CARS (2025). People are going to die. A car loaded with that many lithium batteries layered right under the driver? We will see what happens after a few crashes with battery damage.

Most cars will be LiFePo4 with very different and safer thermal properties. Maybe a weak analogy, but similar to gasoline vs. diesel.

The drone?
People are entitled jerks all over. What kind of benighted wingnut thinks firing in the air is OK?

But it would be nice if DJI worked to quiet down their drones. They do not need to sound like weed whackers. On a side note, my new Mini 3 Pro is noticeably louder overhead than my (mostly) retired Parrot Anafi. The Mini is very similar at low level hover but I can clearly hear it at 150ft where the Anafi was long since silent at that height. It would be great if the reviews for the Anbee props are solid.

Most cars will be LiFePo4 with very different and safer thermal properties. Maybe a weak analogy, but similar to gasoline vs. diesel.

The drone?
People are entitled jerks all over. What kind of benighted wingnut thinks firing in the air is OK?

But it would be nice if DJI worked to quiet down their drones. They do not need to sound like weed whackers. On a side note, my new Mini 3 Pro is noticeably louder overhead than my (mostly) retired Parrot Anafi. The Mini is very similar at low level hover but I can clearly hear it at 150ft where the Anafi was long since silent at that height. It would be great if the reviews for the Anbee props are solid.
I agree but to the Mavic 3's defense, the props are practically the length of the entire mini 2 or 3... It's a TANK. producing that amount of wind resistance for flight HAS to create some sound.. But I agree with you.. It would be nice to have it not so loud..

I agree but to the Mavic 3's defense, the props are practically the length of the entire mini 2 or 3... It's a TANK. producing that amount of wind resistance for flight HAS to create some sound.. But I agree with you.. It would be nice to have it not so loud..
Let's make a quad that has supersonic blades and sounds like a T6 texan war bird noise maker. Of course there's loss with all of that noise, something our quads don't need.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
after the first post on the thread ,suddenly the whole thing became a discussion about cars powered by batteries,i could have sworn this was a drone forum
Yes. I might be mistaken but is there some political overtone to that first reply ? The whole automobile comment could’ve been left out. Gas powered vehicles were a threat to horse powered buggies back in the day and we made it this far.

Reactions: Rudiger
I just finished reading the article. He shot at the drone with an air rifle. It caused some minor damage to one of the prop arms. My biggest concern? If the battery compartment is hit or if the battery is damaged enough during the crash, a fire could easily result. This drone was flying over a forest. The shooter could have caused a major forest fire with extensive property damage and loss of human life. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OUR CAR MANUFACTURERES ARE MANDATED TO PRODUCE A SIGNIFICANT PERCENTAGE OF LITHIUM BATTERY POWERED CARS (2025). People are going to die. A car loaded with that many lithium batteries layered right under the driver? We will see what happens after a few crashes with battery damage.
seriously?

Most new lithium phosfate and sodium based batteries don't burn not only is energy density increasing but also saftey.trust the science

Exactly... Next thing you know people will be driving around with 20 gallons of gasoline under the trunk! People are going to die!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: jaswalt
Back on topic....... What happened to the shooter? Did he pay for the drone? Was he caught? What was his motive?

We've all gotten used to sitting on 20 - 100 gallons of gasoline. I'll take a battery fire over a gasoline fire/explosion.

Wow, I bet the engineers who design cars would never think of that. Good thing some rando on the internet figured out something that a bunch of PhDs and engineers would have missed.

A drone company used a 7 kg DJI M300 for an inspection flight and informed households within 100 m of the flight. The guy, at 200 m distance, was annoyed by the noise of the drone and decided to shoot the drone out of the air where he damaged a leg, but the drone landed safely. Eventually he was identified and the company filed a formal complaint with the police.
More info is on Linked-in - the text is in Dutch, but a number of comments is in English.

Reactions: Rudiger
The buggy manufacturers association might have asked a similar question a little over a century ago concerning the safety of millions of vehicles on the road each carrying dozens of gallons of highly flammable liquid fuel.
And then the forest fire COULD have spread, blocking out the sun, which COULD have disrupted Earth's orbit and COULD have resulted in the Earth flying into the Sun, which COULD have destroyed all life on Earth.

There was a car that ran a busy intersection a high speed the other day in LA. Exploded on contact. Most likely a Tesla.

I watched the car run the light frame by frame, its 100% not a tesla. Looks to be an acura.

"As an altercation ensued, the man indicated he had experienced noise pollution from the drone. When asked whether he did not experience the same problem with other low-flying aircraft or paragliders, the man said he would like to shoot them as well."
Sounds like this guy has some issues if he wants to shoot manned aircraft as well

Reactions: jaswalt
Did you read the article? They did notify residents of the inspection. This guy was NOT a resident but a tourist. And he was twice the distance they used for notification. 200m is more than two U.S. football fields. I think 100m (one field) is way more than enough distance from the operations zone.
What kind of tourist, brings along an air rifle with them on vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111