DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What android tablet will work with the zoom? (i dont want to pay $250+)

jerkwagon

Reactions
i dont know what the FKin issue with DJI is, but if you look at the specs of a ipad 4 mini, its a dual core 1.4ghz with 2gb of ram. Now i have testest mine with a android 7.1 quardcore 1.4 ghz with 2gb of ram and i get no live view. I have tried my amazong HD 7, lenovo tab 4 (i bought and shipped to a friend with a spark he said did dint work ) All i want is a **** 7in display that isnt my phone, that isnt 1/2 the price of the drone .

DJI is just stupid when it comes to compatibility and support. Pixel 2 XL yes, Pixel 2. NO SUPPORT.. why not they are the same phone?

ANyway, can someone who is using a mavic 2 and android tablet please help me out? If you have it working, what steps did you follow?

THanks to anyone who responds.

i dont know what the FKin issue with DJI is, but if you look at the specs of a ipad 4 mini, its a dual core 1.4ghz with 2gb of ram. Now i have testest mine with a android 7.1 quardcore 1.4 ghz with 2gb of ram and i get no live view. I have tried my amazong HD 7, lenovo tab 4 (i bought and shipped to a friend with a spark he said did dint work ) All i want is a **** 7in display that isnt my phone, that isnt 1/2 the price of the drone .

DJI is just stupid when it comes to compatibility and support. Pixel 2 XL yes, Pixel 2. NO SUPPORT.. why not they are the same phone?

ANyway, can someone who is using a mavic 2 and android tablet please help me out? If you have it working, what steps did you follow?

THanks to anyone who responds.

I sort of remember someone had sucsess with a n Amazon fire tablet. It require some simple modifications if I remember right. Search this forum for "Fire tablet" or "amazon fire" and see if you can turn up the thread. Last I checked the 7" fire was $49 often on sale for less.

I sort of remember someone had sucsess with a n Amazon fire tablet. It require some simple modifications if I remember right. Search this forum for "Fire tablet" or "amazon fire" and see if you can turn up the thread. Last I checked the 7" fire was $49 often on sale for less.
Yeah I have done that and they are all using old versions. I'm looking for people who use a tablet and can 100% verify that it works.

Thanks though

Good luck with your search!
Try searching "wonderpad" or Wondertablet" on this forum, that may have something.

Good luck with your search!
Try searching "wonderpad" or Wondertablet" on this forum, that may have something.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 works pretty good, i also bought an ipad but didnt bother to load it since the Tab worked.. Lets see how long it last until DJI's update will requre iphone XLS or Ipad pro XLS MEGA ..

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 works pretty good, i also bought an ipad but didnt bother to load it since the Tab worked.. Lets see how long it last until DJI's update will requre iphone XLS or Ipad pro XLS MEGA ..
I have several Apple products, An Iphone 6, an Iphone 7+, a 4th gen Ipad, and an Ipad air 1. ALL work without fail with my Mavic. I have a couple android phones, and some no name tablets, (I buy them broken and fix them) that for the most part are useless. Most are newer than half my Apple stuff.

Reactions: drrjv
I have several Apple products, An Iphone 6, an Iphone 7+, a 4th gen Ipad, and an Ipad air 1. ALL work without fail with my Mavic. I have a couple android phones, and some no name tablets, (I buy them broken and fix them) that for the most part are useless. Most are newer than half my Apple stuff.

ok your post made zero sense and gave me NO info what so ever.. Im going to take a wild guess and assume you didnt read the OP, because clearly i said ANdroid and didnt mention apple once.. THen you mention you had a bunch of android devices that worked but failed to mention any specs or model numbers. Im going to assume you dont even have a mavic 2 ...

ok your post made zero sense and gave me NO info what so ever.. Im going to take a wild guess and assume you didnt read the OP, because clearly i said ANdroid and didnt mention apple once.. THen you mention you had a bunch of android devices that worked but failed to mention any specs or model numbers. Im going to assume you dont even have a mavic 2 ...
I was saying that apple is trouble free with my mavic, all of them. Android is NOT. Model numbers are not relevant. Because I said the androids DIDNT work well. Android is Android, IOS is IOS. You can use whatever you want. But the truth is IOS is more trouble free than android when it comes to DJI. it has been asked and answered hundreds of times on this forum. DJI recommends Apple, and the updates are release for apple first.
I understand that you have something to prove with a low dollar android. So do what you will.
But know the Unloaded Ipad you mentioned you have (I guess you forgot that) would almost certainly be better and more reliable.

The current best Android flying tablets are the Huawei M3 and M5.
They are superb at running the DJI Go4 app and no trouble configuring.
Just enable USB debugging and that's about it.

Reactions: Andiwil
I was saying that apple is trouble free with my mavic, all of them. Android is NOT. Model numbers are not relevant. Because I said the androids DIDNT work well. Android is Android, IOS is IOS. You can use whatever you want. But the truth is IOS is more trouble free than android when it comes to DJI. it has been asked and answered hundreds of times on this forum. DJI recommends Apple, and the updates are release for apple first.
I understand that you have something to prove with a low dollar android. So do what you will.
But know the Unloaded Ipad you mentioned you have (I guess you forgot that) would almost certainly be better and more reliable.

You are again 100% wrong maybe in your experience iOS had be flawless but many users have said Ipad 2 mini doesnt work anymore (ipad 3 mini is has the same hardware except fingerprint and newer camera) OS is not OS, trust be buddy, you have no clue what you saying. I have tried many android devices and some work and some dont, (they all load the app but only a few show LIVE VIEW)

Again if you read my initial post you would see that i dont care to hear about anyones good experience with their idevices. as i dont want an ipad or iphone ipod. I bougth the ipad and its still in the wrapper as i am going to return it since the Galaxy tab works fine. I had NO intentions of spending $400 for a bigger screen. I would of went used in that case..

Asus Zenpad Z8s. $150 bestbuy.

That makes no sense that the zenpad works fine but the lenovo tab 4 doesnt work. almost same specs snapdragon vs atom.. 2gb ram each.. im not sure that the deal is with these tablets and what allows live view over just a black screen.. It really baffles my brain.

That makes no sense that the zenpad works fine but the lenovo tab 4 doesnt work. almost same specs snapdragon vs atom.. 2gb ram each.. im not sure that the deal is with these tablets and what allows live view over just a black screen.. It really baffles my brain.

Zenpad has 3gb of ram

I see you had to make enquiry’s here in another thread to get your tablet to work. Because you couldn’t figure it out on your own.
The iPad / iPhone just works. I can see you will not believe anything contrary to your opinion, so I guess time will prove one way or the other. You will either gain a ton of Android knowledge along the way keeping it working, or you will just switch to the Apple stuff later. Like MANY here have. (As far as dji use goes)
Good luck sir. I wish you the best. But you can’t convert and android lover or an Apple lover. So continuing to challenge my comments is not going to prove anything. “Buddy”. Lol!

Hey sheep, you bashing android all you want, i dont really care, You can go troll someone else, I honestly dont give a ****, Im not forking out $500 for an ipad mini 4 when i can get a 6in phone that works just as well for 1/2 that price. I have a 4 year old xiaomi phone that works fine as well, i just wanted a slightly larger screen.

Im not trying to convert anyone nor will i convert to apple, I have setup 95% of my clients all on macs for a good reason, Im typing this on my macbook pro, You can sit there with your nose in the air and think you are superior because you have an Iphone/ipad but you are not, THis is really apples to oranges.. SOme people like to be told how to do things and others like to have their internet browser Icon look different..

Again you are just a troll, here to stir a pot that no one asked you to do, In my OP i simply asked WHO has an android tablet with a mavic 2 that works. You come along all high and mighty, "ALL MY IPHONES ARE PROBLEM FREE" how the **** does that help me?

I dont need your luck pal, so piss off,
Well, I am sorry you have Taken this the wrong way. If you go back to the beginning of the thread you will see I was trying to help you with my first few posts. It wasnt until YOU mentioned Ipad pro that I said anything about apple. You have picked an appropriate screen name it seems. Again good luck.

The trend has been ipad4 mini being best, both in size do that it fits in the remote, and reliability. You probably can find a deal on a used or refurb one.
I'm not a fan of Apple either but I may just get a mini just for this purpose.

I was able to get a Samsung Tab S3 to work but you won't find those for under $250. Only issue I have is Go app crashes but it also crashes with my HTC 10.
The app was just recently updated but I can't test until I get my M2Z back from repair.

Honestly I think you may have some other issue outside of the mobile device if you've tried several Androids and don't get video. With all the ranting, I didn't catch if you were able to get video feed with any device.

The trend has been ipad4 mini being best, both in size do that it fits in the remote, and reliability. You probably can find a deal on a used or refurb one.
I'm not a fan of Apple either but I may just get a mini just for this purpose.

I was able to get a Samsung Tab S3 to work but you won't find those for under $250. Only issue I have is Go app crashes but it also crashes with my HTC 10.
The app was just recently updated but I can't test until I get my M2Z back from repair.

Honestly I think you may have some other issue outside of the mobile device if you've tried several Androids and don't get video. With all the ranting, I didn't catch if you were able to get video feed with any device.

No my drone works fine its clearly just the hardware on the app side, my Pixel 2 xl works flawlessly and my redmi note 2 (octocore mediatek 2gb ram) its just lower quad core doesnt give me live view at all.. its a bummer

No my drone works fine its clearly just the hardware on the app side, my Pixel 2 xl works flawlessly and my redmi note 2 (octocore mediatek 2gb ram) its just lower quad core doesnt give me live view at all.. its a bummer

Just a thought, have you enabled USB debugging on the Note 2?

Just a thought, have you enabled USB debugging on the Note 2?

It may of been enabled before from when i installed LOS on it.. Ive also heard that LOS will allow some tablets to work. I have no real problem the RN2 either again, just the tablets.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78