DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are possible issues of mavic pro if purchased

droneloverair

Reactions
Hi.

so im thinking of purchasing a used mavic pro fly more combo later in the summer.

How high are chances of it having gimbal go crazy issues, gimbal ribbon cable after an update?

blotched spots on the camera sensors after some time through condensation or dirt or for any reason.

other problems that might ocure that i might not have any knowledge at?

Hi.

so im thinking of purchasing a used mavic pro fly more combo later in the summer.

How high are chances of it having gimbal go crazy issues, gimbal ribbon cable after an update?

blotched spots on the camera sensors after some time through condensation or dirt or for any reason.

the issues you have listed could happen to any drone whatever its age, its no different to purchasing a used car ,other things to be aware of are any damage to the airframe, where the motors attach any stress cracks at key points (if it has a skin on remove it as it will hide cracks or damage), how many charges the batteries have, are they showing signs of swelling
check the gimbal to see if it works ok, and the camera works,if possible try and pick up the drone from the seller you can glean a lot of how it has been cared for and also have a test flight

Nice points.

but ivread so much about mavic pro that tjose problems or to occure at any given moment?
That any owner WILL experience the gimbal issue at anytime of the drones liftime?

Nice points.

but ivread so much about mavic pro that tjose problems or to occure at any given moment?
That any owner WILL experience the gimbal issue at anytime of the drones liftime?

Not necessarily so....
Depends on how the bird was cared for.
Try to get the owner to fly it to prove functionality.
All functions, then you should be good. The batteries, you will have to look at closely.
Look for cell voltage deviations and the "health" of them. Each one.

Reactions: old man mavic
if you can afford it then a brand new MPP combo would be a better way to go as an end of line product 99% of the bugs have been ironed out and you are getting a brand new drone

Nice points.

Most of what you read will be problems so it makes it look like everyone has a faulty Mavic. Not everyone is going to post to say they have a perfect craft.

Hi.

I bought a used Mavic Pro last January. I've flown many miles and hours and have not had a single problem other than two broken front landing gear. They are cheap and easy to replace.

Hi.

@droneloverair, - first what are you trying to get out of your drone mate? 2nd, I have had Zero issues w/ my Mavic Pro especially if you buy a brand new one! In my personal opinion since i have owned the Spark, the Mavic Air and now the Mavic Pro, the Pro blows them all the way, not even close! The Quality of images are superb and the 4k video is super but if you do have the money I would recommend buying the MP2!! I have had my Mavic Pro now for almost two years and yet to have 1 single issues with it mechanically! With that being said, i have over 80 flights logged and over 15 hrs behind the sticks! Here is a short little fly around video i made with my MP over at the Sunshine Skyway bridge which is the tallest bridge in the SouthEast. No post editing just start raw footage: Make sure you click the like button if you like the video when you're done watching it! Stay safe from FL,
FLPilotshark

The Sunshine SkyWay Bridge, DJI MAVIC PRO Drone Video

my MPP built 25th NOV 2017
flights 350
air time 81 hours
flight distance 364 miles
purchased 03-10-2018
still looks like new due to having a skin fitted from the start of ownership only ever done one IMU calibration ,and a couple of compass calibrations in the whole time i have owned it
still have the original 3 batts from flymore combo +one extra i purchased all batts are fine
for me the MPP has been a pleasure to own and fly always done all updates if asked for
owned an PH3S before that, and at the end of 2019 got the MM as a present from my daughter ,have over another 100 flights on those two
and i can highly recommend DJI drones from my experience with them

if you can afford it then a brand new MPP combo would be a better way to go as an end of line product 99% of the bugs have been ironed out and you are getting a brand new drone

i thought the difference between the MP and MPP was just the color and the low noise propellers?

@droneloverair, - first what are you trying to get out of your drone mate? 2nd, I have had Zero issues w/ my Mavic Pro especially if you buy a brand new one! In my personal opinion since i have owned the Spark, the Mavic Air and now the Mavic Pro, the Pro blows them all the way, not even close! The Quality of images are superb and the 4k video is super but if you do have the money I would recommend buying the MP2!! I have had my Mavic Pro now for almost two years and yet to have 1 single issues with it mechanically! With that being said, i have over 80 flights logged and over 15 hrs behind the sticks! Here is a short little fly around video i made with my MP over at the Sunshine Skyway bridge which is the tallest bridge in the SouthEast. No post editing just start raw footage: Make sure you click the like button if you like the video when you're done watching it! Stay safe from FL,
FLPilotshark

The Sunshine SkyWay Bridge, DJI MAVIC PRO Drone Video

My goal is connection reliability, less interferance between craft and livefeed iphone.
But im still skeptic about the camera quality.

im seen too many utubes before i had a go on my mavic air and the reason i bought the air was image quality.
The reason now i also wanted an MP/MPP is (hopefully) livefeed video stability in more distances.

MP auto focus is not well. There is manual focus but then you need to enable that red indicator spotting to check for sharpness. That takes alot of time and it seems one would need to set his shots even carefully just to make the shots.

my MPP built 25th NOV 2017
flights 350
air time 81 hours
flight distance 364 miles
purchased 03-10-2018
still looks like new due to having a skin fitted from the start of ownership only ever done one IMU calibration ,and a couple of compass calibrations in the whole time i have owned it
still have the original 3 batts from flymore combo +one extra i purchased all batts are fine
for me the MPP has been a pleasure to own and fly always done all updates if asked for
owned an PH3S before that, and at the end of 2019 got the MM as a present from my daughter ,have over another 100 flights on those two
and i can highly recommend DJI drones from my experience with them

So you bought your MPP used (cronologically written when purchased) and you only had one single IMU calibration? I guess you never crashed before.

hmm seems reliable.

but what is the cause of others havibg problems with gimbal AFTERan update and the temporary fix was to start the AC sidewaysand eventually change the ribboncable to fix the issue?

i still dont understand how an update could take out a gimbal ribbon cable.

and the blotches many users are experiencing. Blotch marks in the inside of the camera lens. What i causing that?
if dirt cannot come in due to the camera is well assembled then it must be due to heta condensation righ?

So you bought your MPP used (cronologically written when purchased) and you only had one single IMU calibration? I guess you never crashed before.

hmm seems reliable.

but what is the cause of others havibg problems with gimbal AFTERan update and the temporary fix was to start the AC sidewaysand eventually change the ribboncable to fix the issue?

i still dont understand how an update could take out a gimbal ribbon cable.

and the blotches many users are experiencing. Blotch marks in the inside of the camera lens. What i causing that?
if dirt cannot come in due to the camera is well assembled then it must be due to heta condensation righ?
@droneloverair the MPP was brand new purchased from a UK dealer just at the time when the new M2P was released,it was a good deal for the combo ,as the new one was coming out ,most dealers were doing deals to shift stock to make way for the new stuff the one IMU calibration was done when i first aquired it as was the compass calib as well,i touch wood have never crashed it ,hope you havent jinxed me i can only speak from my experience i brought the MPP as apposed to the M2P as i felt that all the bugs had been ironed out and from my point of view i have been vindicated for making that decision,and it has uprated ESCs, which improve flight time combined with the low noise props

Last edited:
Reactions: droneloverair
Not necessarily so....
Depends on how the bird was cared for.
Try to get the owner to fly it to prove functionality.
All functions, then you should be good. The batteries, you will have to look at closely.
Look for cell voltage deviations and the "health" of them. Each one.
How do you check the health of your Mavic batteries? Keen to check on my own M2Z ones.

How do you check the health of your Mavic batteries? Keen to check on my own M2Z ones.
One must tell the seller to connect and turn on the drone and controller for you to then go to settings in the controller battery settings. It should be at 3.7 volts somewhere and all three cells should be in the ballpark of one another.
If any is way low or too high then you might have a battery fault

My goal is connection reliability, less interferance between craft and livefeed iphone.
But im still skeptic about the camera quality.

im seen too many utubes before i had a go on my mavic air and the reason i bought the air was image quality.
The reason now i also wanted an MP/MPP is (hopefully) livefeed video stability in more distances.

MP auto focus is not well. There is manual focus but then you need to enable that red indicator spotting to check for sharpness. That takes alot of time and it seems one would need to set his shots even carefully just to make the shots.
@droneloverair - just a little FYI, thats straight RAW footage and i JUST wanted to show you an example with out any post editing which 99% of pilots do before they post to there Youtube channel!

Safe Flying fromFL,
FLPilotshark

Reactions: droneloverair
@droneloverair - just a little FYI, thats straight RAW footage and i JUST wanted to show you an example with out any post editing which 99% of pilots do before they post to there Youtube channel!

Safe Flying fromFL,
FLPilotshark

Yes seems very good quality for the MPP.

did you notice the freezing for a couple of seconds?

Is that usual for the MPP?

it happens after a couple of seconds of smooth fottage then te freezing happens like 3-4 seconds then smooths out.

iv been playing back and forth and its not from my screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR