DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are the prop mounts made of?

ts747

Reactions
Last basic question, honest!

On fitting my props for the first time, I think I over-tightened the props when mounting them. But just to clarify, the mounts are made of metal, correct? So the (replaceable and therefore way cheaper) propeller fittings would strip or break instead of the motors, right?

I've tried to have a look for any damage to the prop mounts, and can't see anything - just seeking clarification! Thanks.

Over tightened? The Mavic props are "push down and turn until they stop" kind of arrangement. Sort of like a child-proof cap on pill bottles. I don't really see how you could over tighten unless you are really, really strong or use pliers.

That said, if you didn't damage the locking feet on the bottom of the prop hub, you probably didn't damage anything on the motor.

BTW, if you don't get the props fully locked on, you're likely to have some serious problems when you try to fly.

Last edited:
Reactions: ts747
Over tightened? The Mavic props are "push down and turn until they they stop" kind of arrangement. Sort of like a child-proof cap on pill bottles. I don't really see how you could over tighten unless you are really, really strong or use pliers.

That said, if you didn't damage the locking feet on the bottom of the prop hub, you probably didn't damage anything on the motor.

BTW, if you don't get the props fully locked on, you're likely to have some serious problems when you try to fly.

I was kind of an idiot/overzealous when setting up - the antenna etc were far stiffer than I expected out of the box, so assumed a similar logic with the props and gave them a little extra strength...

Just wanted to double check, I realise I'm overthinking but absolutely babying the Mavic right now. Just to confirm, the prop mount plates are metal right? Think it's very unlikely that metal would have given out before plastic. Just want to check!

I was kind of an idiot/overzealous when setting up - the antenna etc were far stiffer than I expected out of the box, so assumed a similar logic with the props and gave them a little extra strength...

Just wanted to double check, I realise I'm overthinking but absolutely babying the Mavic right now. Just to confirm, the prop mount plates are metal right? Think it's very unlikely that metal would have given out before plastic. Just want to check!

Dont baby it. Buy Statefarm Personal Articles policy that covers any damage and even theft or water damage for 5 bucks a month and fly the SHITE out of it. You do not have to have any other coverages with Statefarm. 60 a year for piece of mind. This does not apply to anyone located in Calif as I understand it they do not write policies for drones in Calif.

Reactions: ts747
Dont baby it. Buy Statefarm Personal Articles policy that covers any damage and even theft or water damage for 5 bucks a month and fly the SHITE out of it. You do not have to have any other coverages with Statefarm. 60 a year for piece of mind. This does not apply to anyone located in Calif as I understand it they do not write policies for drones in Calif.

In the UK unfortunately otherwise I would jump on this in a heartbeat. I'll check out my options in the morning!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman