DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What are your expectations for Mavic 3

Also a mode for 60% charging (for storage periods) at the charger would be comfy.... and much more options for the customizable buttons...
You actually have that on aftermarket chargers, like this one:

Plus it charges all your batteries at once.

I mean, if this isn't invention of the year... c'mon!

I forgot this in my last post, but a storage charge function on the charging hub like the Phantom 4 has would be great. Managing the batteries is not as easy as it could be without this feature.

- RTK may get cheap enough in 2 years (haha)
- Actual waypoints without hacky apps
- more restrictions

How about a switch on the drone to switch to atti mode, for indoor flying and a screen on the controller that could be seen in the bright sun light. Last , but not least removable landing gear extensions, much like the Phantom has, to keep the mavic from sucking everything up into the body and also making it much safer when hand catching. :)

- 40 min flight time in GPS mode
- Customizable flight mode switch settings for Atti and Manual via Assistant, Advanced (Warning warranty voids!)
- Ability to go 20 m/s upwards
- Stereo cameras with 4k/30 fps and de-curved 120 degrees FOV when used with Goggles, otherwise (magically) 4k/60 fps 1 image
- Less than 500 g mass incl. batteries
- Ability to set "Gimbal clamp is installed [x]"
- Readable DATs again (!)

Other than that the M1 is nearly perfect already, I don't know M2.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Global shutter like the Phantom 4 vs. the current rolling shutter on the Mavic 1 and 2.
The phantom does not have a global shutter it has a mechanical shutter option for stills. You still have to use the ES for video. You still get rolling shutter issues on certain videos.

Global shutter in a consumer based camera is a big need bit a few years off.

It’s my understanding the racing edition goggles have a global shutter.

Paul C

Yes, it's the only choice for the Mavic 2 currently. For older AC there are other ways if you're technically inclined, but NLD is the quickest and easiest way to mod.
I have been thinking about getting NLD since last year. In your opinion is it worth it?

Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier
- 3D Camera! :)
*Your viewing Parallax 3D with most of the goggles anyway, so the support is there for it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard